Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cutout on July 14  (Read 2818 times)

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
Cutout on July 14
« on: July 15, 2009, 01:31:01 pm »
Larry Tate and his wife, along with Ski and myself, doing a cut out in Winston Salem, NC.

Small colony, about 7 or 8 combs, between 2X6's and average 18 inches long. between floor joists. We have our doubts about having the queen. Won't know for sure for a few days.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/Iddee/Winston%20Apt%20July%2009/
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
Re: Cutout on July 14
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 01:54:49 pm »
Thanks, Iddee.  Good pics. 

I am sure you get asked this often, but how often do you/did you get stung? 

I try to work w/o my suit/veil, but something bad always seems to happen LOL.  I hate wearing the junk, but I also hate being swollen.  Ha...  Even so, I somehow succeed in getting stung at least once every other day, or so. 
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 04:11:36 pm »
One sting from an attack. Two more stings from mashing bees.
That's during 6 1/2 hours from arrival to departure.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 04:33:10 pm »
That is pretty amazing. 

How did you get by with only 1 sting from an attack?  Tell me your secret, Iddee.  LOL

Did you sing to 'em?  What?   :-D :?
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 07:45:25 pm »
Who knows. After all, they are ladies. Maybe I'm just better looking than you.   
  :-P  :evil:   :-D

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 08:40:56 pm »
Very nice...your crew looks very professional..Iddee, so after you complete your cutout...do you leave the hive outside near where the entrance to catch the stragglers and then seal it up and bring it home at night?
-Mike

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 09:28:16 pm »
This one I did. Every cutout is different. Some I do, some I don't.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 12:24:21 am »
That really hurts, iddee, but you are probably right.  I was hoping for some of your wisdome to be imparted...LOL 

Anyway, very nice....as usual

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 10:13:02 pm »
Iddee
Congratulations on another cutout
Johnny

anything