Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pulled Some Honey, Removed Some Bees---June 1, 2009  (Read 2255 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Pulled Some Honey, Removed Some Bees---June 1, 2009
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:58:04 am »
Yesterday, I went through fourteen hives and pulled some beautiful, wonderfully tasting honey. Many had honey almost fully capped so I will be pulling more soon, yeah!

This evening I removed bees from a garage that is being torn down. I started the job late, so I vacuumed the bees and will treat them like a huge package. Almost positive the queen is in the second box I vacuumed.

Guy can now tear his garage down.

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/June12009#

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Pulled Some Honey, Removed Some Bees---June 1, 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:47:31 am »
that is some really pretty honey in that frame.

Good job on that cut out, glad it wasn't in the next joist space over and into the electrcal panel.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:37:35 am »
good job on the cut out

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 03:54:25 pm »
JP,

As usual, great pictures and a great job! Do you take the pictures yourself, or have a helper that does the photography for you? If you do both, then I am really jealous.

Again, I am struck with envy! You get the structures that are going to be torn down....I get the ones that they want to keep or restore!  :-D I would love to rip into an old building to remove a colony! I got to tease ya a bit on these swarms and cutouts....you really do well on them and have the proof/pics to prove it.

I looked a an old farm house out in the boonies yesterday that will require a major cutout. It has had colonies in it for over 50 years the owner said! If I can remember to take pictures while the cutout is done, and if I can figure out how to post pictures on here...got to read that part again :roll:....I will show you some of the worst photography skills ever and 'I hope' some nice bees!  :-D

This old farm house is being remodeled and needs new siding. The colony extends most of the way across the front of the house and under the porch, which has the old stype weighed windows and of course, the bees built comb around the window in all of those tight spots as well.

Brenda

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 05:45:41 pm »
My camera is fully automatic, about all I do is aim and point, for close ups I do macro.

I take them all myself but really, its the camera doing all the work, but thanks for the kudos anyway!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:38:49 am »
JP, yummy, yummy, yummy, you'll have honey in your tummy.  Lucky you.  Sounds like you gonna hit the mother load in honey stuff.  Good, you have worked hard to make an enormous apiary, smiling.  Nice pictures by the way.  Beautiful days, to love and live, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything