Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wet feet  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Wet feet
« on: March 01, 2007, 11:17:51 pm »

This was a high flyer !!!

Fortunately due to the severe drought conditions this year there would have normally been another 2 to 3 feet of water where this veichle landed.
Despite the condition of the car ( I think was a Nissan Pathfinder) the lady managed to virtually walk away.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Wet feet
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:30:27 am »
Wow, that could have been a disaster.

We have a highway in our close vicinity that reaches from Maple Ridge to Mission.  On the side of this road there are very very deep ditches that are very wide and also very deep with water at certain times of the year.  I hate this stretch of highway.  I know that hate is a strong word, but there is no other word that quite defines my feelings of fear.

I have on at least two occasions seen cars that have gone off this trecherous road deep into these ditches.  Obviously, the person(s) in the vehicles were not hurt and able to get out or were saved.  I don't know.  But if I have seen this horrible event two times, then I must wonder how many other hundreds of cars have left the highway to land in these deep ditches.  I am only a tiny piece of the time frame.  Scary stuff.  Best of the best day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service