Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tree house bees  (Read 3991 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Tree house bees
« on: November 17, 2011, 02:06:00 pm »
This one was in Ormond Beach FL...just north of Daytona.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/UwF0Wp2f_gk?v=2#errorVideo not found

We found the queen clustered on the outer wall.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
Re: Tree house bees
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 02:14:53 pm »
Sorry...somehow youtube isn't taking the video. I'll try again :)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:44:53 pm »
Hurry!

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 03:20:18 pm »
Ok, let's see if this works!

Tree house bees

Better?

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:53 pm »
Better.   :-D

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 10:43:17 pm »
Another good one
Man 2 ? 3? How many to your eye, I would have been suited after the 2nd on the arm
 Scott I wounder if liquid smoke applied to the sting(s) would mask
better than smoker scent.

Thanks
Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:31:26 am »
This one was a little painful to watch. :shock: Was wondering when you would put some cover on, hate to see you getting blasted like that. Thing is, you know these will probably be really good bees once they're in their new set up.

Do we get to guess what expletives Peg dished out when that comb section fell?  :-D

Oh, did she earn the right to go back up into the "boy's" tree house?  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Sundog

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 12:39:29 pm »
I love watching your videos, but I have to agree with JP on this one.  I have learned a great deal from watching you and Peg and I would be foolish to give you advice, but... seems to me, (like all of us) some days they are just grouchy.

Have fun!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 01:23:24 am »
That was definitely a "girls" tree house and one I would love to live in. Have always wanted to live in a tree house since I was a little girl.

Thanks Scott and Peggy for this difficult removal. You are both very brave.

Did you ever find the queen??

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 09:06:25 am »
Made my eyes water man...whew

Offline REDBEE

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 01:50:26 pm »
Thats my boy ,but suit up big sissy,good job bubba :-D

Offline Monster1970

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 10:41:37 pm »
Wow! Love watching your videos.... but gotta agree, if that was me, the second hit on the arm would have me diving in the suit! You guys amaze me with your cutouts!
We have designed our civilization based on science and technology and at the same time arranged things so that almost no one understands anything at all about science and technology. This is a clear prescription for disaster.  

Carl Sagan.

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 11:40:52 am »
Enjoyed the video, it was worth the wait.

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »
Love the tree house bee's watering hole - very nice.   :)

anything