Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Call me Beecrazy  (Read 1722 times)

Offline kilowatts

• New Bee
Call me Beecrazy
« on: January 10, 2006, 10:02:52 pm »
I know no one will believe this story!!! But it is true.

Last weekend, it was nice in the 50's. The bees were out, it was great to see them.  I was walking up to my front door where I saw her there, poor little thing.  She was trying to get a drink when she fell into a planter dish full of water and drowned.  My daughter, Adrianna (age7) was sad to see her this way also.  So the bee lover I am, I picked up the dead little bee to see if there was any movement still.  Nope, she was gone.  We went inside to the kitchen.  Then it dawned on me, to use some salt.  I took her over to a papertowel & layed her on it.  Still no movement.  I sprinkled salt all over her.  Sure enough, after a bit her abdomen started twitching.  Adrianna & I were so shocked, we couldn't believe it was working.  Soon she was stretching her legs and cleaning herself up.  Little by little the salt was disappearing and she was standing on her own.  I was so excited.  But it was dark & cold out now I couldn't release her.  She would not make it back.  Pretty soon she took flight & we were elated!!!  She slept in my kitchen window. (Of course, after her sugar water snack!)
The next morning I scooped her up & took her outside.  She immediatly took flight right back to the hive.  I know she told all her sisters how I saved her life.  Maybe they will honor me this year!!!

Just wanted to share my fun story with you. :lol:

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Call me Beecrazy
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 10:37:13 pm »
I have seen that done with house flies, good story...
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
Call me Beecrazy
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 11:03:23 pm »
I like to do that also.

It is really funny because if queen lays 2000 eggs per day, there will be 2000 dead bee per day. 10 hives means  20 000 dead bees every day and I saved that one.  :D

anything