Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kerri's bees  (Read 2997 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Kerri's bees
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:06:27 pm »
I thought ya'll might like to see this one unedited. Kerri herself shot this for us and I gotta warn ya it's a little Blair Witch but it was a fun little job.

Kerri's bees.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Kerri's bees
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 11:23:50 pm »
Actually liked this one quite a lot. Fun & educational, good stuff going on between you and Peg. Wasn't too Blair witch either.  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:23:59 am »
very nice video .i enjoyed it alot.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline ShaneJ

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:31:10 am »
Good video. Better camera work than what I do  :(
Shane

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 09:30:12 am »
I enjoyed this one, learned a few little tips, like the pinching together. 

Now, a question.  Did you cut the bottoms of the combs just to make them sit better in the frame?  Other than that there really was no need to cut them, correct?

I am so amazed the way you handle bees bare handed.  Did you get any stings on your hands during that cutout?

Jack
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 11:01:58 am »
Thanks ya'll, we had fun with it! Jack, you guessed it. The comb sits much better it you cut a small flat spot and we always check it in a few days to make sure the comb is aligned. If you start them out good and straight the subsequent combs are drawn straight as well.

No stings on this one although that's a rarity :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 02:51:15 pm »
Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »
Great video there.   I liked it a lot.

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 07:51:33 pm »
Enjoyed as always Scott & Peg!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:22 pm »
We picked them up this evening....looking good!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 07:59:05 am »
Really nice video and I enjoyed hearing Peggy explaining what is happening.

Thanks Scott for sharing

annette

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 10:51:44 pm »
Another great video.  Keep up the good work, someday they may call you the bee whisperer and have a tv show, LOL!

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

anything