Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Apiguard failure  (Read 8042 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Apiguard failure
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 06:09:47 pm »
only problem with OA is that it's not approved for use in the US.  if you are going to market your honey, it can be a problem to use OA.  there was just a company caught using it, but i don't remember which one.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 06:35:52 pm »
All the honey should be harvested before treatment  ;) is this the outfit you speak of?                                                     http://www.beesource.com/news/article/adeefined.htm                                                                                             my preference is formic but the temp. restrictions are a real pain :) RDY-B

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 11:33:44 am »
Is oxalic acid a pesticide?  The container I got says "wood bleach."  I like my frames to be white and bright . . .  :roll:

-- (not) Kris 

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 07:33:51 pm »
they could say the same rules aply to powderd sugar many law breakers 8-) RDY-B

Offline Dr/B

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 09:18:32 pm »
How about some good ole biochemical miticide sucrocide, three treatments, spread 7-10 days apart?.............just to knock down the mite load and get it back under control.  I would do this rather than take a chance of loosing the hives.  Once they've bounced back, I'd rethink the apiguard application and make sure I applied it correct.

oh yeah...........EPA approved for use in bee hives

Good-luck!

anything