Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: CAn anyone ID this  (Read 3183 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
CAn anyone ID this
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:03:17 pm »

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
Re: CAn anyone ID this
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:40:26 pm »
Something in the Carrot family. It could be Parsley.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 01:19:34 am »
¿A silvester celery? Like Smyrnium olusatrum (called "horse celery" -apio caballar- or Macedonian parsley -perejil macedonico-).

Offline acbs

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:00:24 am »
Buzzbee,
I believe it's 'wild parsnip', that's what my dad always called it. (Edit: scientific name "pastinaca sativa").   Google 'wild parsnip' and it will show you some pics at the top of the page.  The juice from this plant can cause you to break out in blisters.  When my cousin and I were younger we were crawling through the weeds playing soldier or something.  The next day we had big streaks of large liquid filled blisters on our arms.  My grandpa used some old stuff he called 'copperas' or something like that to dry them up.  No telling what it was, but it worked!
Arvin

Edit: Not that it's that important, but I did a search on copperas and found the proper name is ferrous sulphate.  It's not exactly something most people would use nowadays, but it worked with no ill side effects.  And besides, the extra thumbs my cousin and I have growing out of our arms can easily be covered with a long sleeve shirt! :-D :shock: :-D  Just kidding!!
If I know how many hives I've got, I haven't got enough.
Unknown

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 04:49:34 pm »
Ken, I think it is parsley too.  My Italian parsley that I let go to seed looks very similar, I am not sure if it is wild parsley, but yep, could be.  This is a picture that I took of the flowers on my parsley last year.  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 04:57:17 pm »
Wow that stuff sure attracts flies huh.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything