Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The sting, here we go again!!!  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
The sting, here we go again!!!
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:51:56 am »
Eeks!!!  My Husband is the master of facial bee stings, I kid you not.  A couple of nights ago we went for a ride, we rode along the backroads to another community, this would be about 1/2 hour ride.  I need lots of practice going along simple country roads, with lots of curves and hills to gain back my experience riding.  I rode on a very small bike as a young gal, nothing compared to the 1200 cc that I am now riding.  My bike when I was a kid was a Yamaha 80, but it was still fun, the times of my life. Riding with my Brother on his 80 all over the mountains in our little city, which was a little city at that time, now a huge metropolis.  Oh, where was I?   I be ramblin'.

My Husband and I when we reached our destination, pulled over.  I got off my bike and went to speak with him, to figure out what way we were going home.  He took off his helmut and told me to look at his forehead.  Oh, I could see some swelling.  Eeeks!!!  I asked him what it was and he said that he thought a bee had gone up into the front of it.  I looked for a stinger, nothing, but it was swelling.  Oh the poor guy.  He told me he felt that typical burning sensation of the sting, but he still wasn't sure it was a bee.  (I know differently, hee, hee).  I asked him how he kept the bike on the road, I know how shocking bee stings can be at times.  He said, no problem....I think of this as rather strange...but I guess he is a tough ol' dude.  He said, well, what do you do when you get stung when you are working in the colony, do you go off the road?  Hee, hee. 

We continued our ride, arrived home and sat by the pool to have a beer, relax and cool off and talk about the ride, things that I could improve upon, etc. -- and there are many I am sure.  It is hard work riding a bike (well, it is for me, I get very tired until I recover, hee, hee).  I looked at his head, it was becoming more swollen by the minute and he said that his lip felt kind of tingly.  Suck it up buddy, carry on...ooops, did I say that.  Sorry guys, but I know from past experience that men are babies when it comes to being sick or in pain, where they need that woman's gentle touch, to make them feel better. Ooops, again....did I say that?  Hee, hee.

The evening went on...I could see a little more swelling, but really, only a little bit.  We went to bed.  Holy smoking cadoodalhoppers!!!   got up before my Husband and was in the frontroom e-mailing my oldest gal.  He came into the room, and I thank my lucky stars that I had been up for awhile.  If I hadn't been up, I would have probably been scared half to death and got out my baseball bat, hee, hee.  I thought that he looked like nothing on this earth, surely an alien of some sort must have walked out of our bedroom. 

Oh my goodness gracious.  I am sorry...how mean (yes, I have that mean little side to me JP).  I couldn't help but give out a little hoot and a hollar, a laugh.  Thank my lucky stars again, that my Husband has a wonderful and patient personality, he can also laugh at himself.  But he looked so ding dang funnnnnneeeee.  After I was done laughing, I gave him some of my softer side, my caregiving side and I consoled him, telling him that it would be looking much different once he got up and moved around.  I know that to be true from past experience with facial swelling myself, on several occasions I might add.   I told him I wanted to take a picture to show my bee pals on the forum.  Of course he was in....he loves to shock people, and, when you see his picture, you will see why he was so into showing ya'll what he looks like.  My love of my life.  Have that most fantastically wonderful day, lovin' and livin'.  Cindi

Eeks!!!  I was going to post a picture to go along with this, but something is messing up here.  I will edit this post tomorrow to bring along a picture.  I don't know if Imageshack is down, but that option of Imageshack is no longer available on my screen.  Heading off to the computer forum to try and get an answer.  Cee ya.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:47:13 am by Cindi »
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: The sting, here we go again!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 10:57:46 am »
Nice hair cut.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 11:32:09 am »
Oh my Cindi, like you say "holysmokencadoodlehoppers(??)"thats a good one!  He needs an eye patch & parrot!  The weather has been grand here so yoiu are getting some good weather to brush up on your riding skills too!  Gonna be hot today so time to water! Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »
I see a little bump on the forehead but the dude's eye is swollen shut, how did that happen?

I'm sorry but I have to relate this, you asked him how he stayed on the road after the sting, we are babies when we know its coming, know whadda mean, like the sting of the needle, but when it happens unexpectantly the body reacts not the mind, so we are better able to tough it out, like...

This yr when I was holding a section of comb and couldn't put it down right away, after I had been stung on my left, uhhh humm, uhhh test, uhhh  testicle!!

That's the post of the removal I did wearing the shirt my sis n law gave me that says protect your nuts, with the picture of the squirrel on it!!

Cindi, your guy sure swells up when he gets hit don't he?

Glad y'all are enjoying your rides.

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 02:58:58 pm »
Jody, yep, our weather is still beautiful, unbelievable for around here to go so long without that ding dang rain.  We are actually watering things too, that be alot of watering around this place, hours and hours and hours, hee, hee.

JP, I thank my lucky stars that you didn't post a picture when you got that sting!!!!!  :mrgreen: :roll: :evil: ;) :) :)  That must have been an extremely painful one, did you swell up, hee, hee!!!

Ken got stung just above the eyebrow, about one inch above it actually.  I have no clue why his eye swolled shut.  It was around 7:00 PM he got stung and it swelled a little bit, when he got up in the morning, I am sorry, but when he called me to look at him, I almost died laughing.  I know that is not nice, but I have that evil side to me, hee, hee!!!

He has been stung before on the head.  The last time, I have told this tale so I won't recount details, but to make that long story short, he got stung between the eyes, retrieving his beer from up at the apiary.  She was after him, let me tell ya, he saw her coming.  We were leaving for some kind an event, think it was a golfing event trip (I don't golf, I relax, and let them all bang around those balls).  So, he looked like that blinking alien most of the golf trip, I did feel bad for that baby, (ooops, did I say that).  Have the most beautiful day that our lives can offer.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 04:49:25 pm »
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. What was funny though is I had forgotten that I had worn that shirt and when I got home and stripped the shirt was the last thing to come off and I had a good belly laugh over it.

You have to laugh at your husband when he looks like that cause you know he'd be laughing right back at ya! :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com