Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee keeping displays at Pa farm show!  (Read 3622 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Bee keeping displays at Pa farm show!
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:43:47 pm »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bee keeping displays at Pa farm show!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 10:48:28 pm »
Ken, great pictures, a very nicely laid out display.  Your son and his pal look like they are enjoying themselves. Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:54:25 pm »
Just Awesome.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:15:09 pm »
Nice looking displays. Sure looks like a lot of hard work went into it. 

Thanks for the pic's :)

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 11:05:12 pm »
Absolutely fantastic
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 12:06:08 pm »
Josh:

I've missed which buddy you have with you in your pics - I know it is usually one of a handful of close friends. And keep up the good work on your point system, Tracey said you are lookin' FINE!!!!

P.S. Just a sad note, it seems all bees are shown as Yellow-jackets EVEN displays by people who should know better -ugh. I look at the Nasonex commercial and cringe ever time I see a yellow-jacket (strangely with a French Accent - perfectly fitted  for a yellow-jacket) but the point is WHERE are all the happy little brown hairy honeybees on TV? No wonder people fear honeybees, they against them with yellow-jackets and the mind does the rest. We need a honeybee revolt!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 08:25:17 pm »
Josh:

P.S. Just a sad note, it seems all bees are shown as Yellow-jackets EVEN displays by people who should know better -ugh. I look at the Nasonex commercial and cringe ever time I see a yellow-jacket (strangely with a French Accent - perfectly fitted  for a yellow-jacket) but the point is WHERE are all the happy little brown hairy honeybees on TV? No wonder people fear honeybees, they against them with yellow-jackets and the mind does the rest. We need a honeybee revolt!

The accent is Spanish and supplied by Antonio Banderas.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline paulybee

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 08:57:00 am »
I missed the farm show this year, but the pics are great.  I was at the farm show a couple of years ago and watched a demostration on beekeeping, and that was what pushed me into action to begin beekeeping.  It was well done and very professional.  The show also wound me up about horses.  Between the bees and horses, I have been broke ever since.....hehe!

anything