Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Indian Runners, Rouens and their babies  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Indian Runners, Rouens and their babies
« on: October 19, 2007, 12:58:40 pm »
We have the black Indian Runners and the Rouens that look like Mallards.  All are very wild and timid birds, not like the Muscoveys who are very people friendly.

The Rouens and the Indian Runners cross bred.  They have their babies that are almost adult now. 

The Rouens and Indian Runner females shared the duties of raising their babies.  Funny, but the babies loved them both.

In the first picture you will see the Rouens on the far right.  The mother and father Indian Runners are on the far left and far right.

The second picture is the babies.  You can without a doubt see the cross breeding, the Rouen crosses having the yellow bills and the brown heads and the Indian Runners (pure) with the green bills.   It is interesting and fun.

I think that we now have a few duck babies  what is known as the Kahki Campbells.  But, when I did some research on the Kahki Campbells, it said that they are a cross between the Indian Runner, Rouen and Mallard.  So we are missing the Mallard, but I think the Rouens are just a glorified Mallard.  Not too sure.  I would like to know if the "Kahki Campbells" to be called this breed, MUST have the two:  i.e., Rouen and Mallard.  Fun in the farm yard around here.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our planet, Earth.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service