Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 304368 times)

Offline meade kampe

• House Bee
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2010, 01:39:26 am »
My member name is my honey business name.  We all know what meade is, but "kampe" is camp, reminiscent of the old "sugar camps" in New England that produced maple sugar.  Only my "camp sugar" will be honey!

Offline SamgeeGamwise

• New Bee
    • Organic Honey
« Reply #421 on: May 23, 2010, 12:29:35 pm »
Well mine may be fairly obvious but there is a little more to it than the Lord of the Rings reference.  Samwise Gamgee reminds me a lot of myself - A little clutzy and a little playful.  I didn't want to rip off the name but I love the way it rolls of the tongue so I just transposed a few things and viola!
My Site Buy Honey
Sell Your Honey Free! Sell Honey

If anyone is looking for an online affiliate for their honey please PM me!  I also link to select honey sites so let me know about yours!

Offline Beakeep

• Brood
« Reply #422 on: May 24, 2010, 04:06:42 pm »
My daughter's name is Beatrice.  I've been keeping her for quit a while.  I'm just starting with bees.

Offline ghdfans2010

• New Bee
« Reply #423 on: June 01, 2010, 11:41:45 pm »
It's a good question!
Would you like to achieve your dream appearance? The wait is over!Cheap ghd  helps every beauty conscious in achieving their dream appearance.
cheap ghd straighteners.

Offline thebalvenie

• House Bee
  • Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #424 on: June 02, 2010, 05:22:00 pm »
"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"

Offline Bee Artist 13

• New Bee
« Reply #425 on: June 20, 2010, 02:14:06 am »
I'm a beekeeper after work...and sometimes during the winter (while the bees and I pray for an early Spring) I'm an artist...I like to draw bees and beautiful women...Oh...and 13 is my lucky number...=) If anyone wants a new Face Book friend who knows about bees...feel free to let me know... I have pics of my art on my profile...

Offline comebye

• New Bee
« Reply #426 on: June 21, 2010, 02:50:45 pm »
Comebye is a sheep herding comand for border collies. I selected it because I love border collies and sheep herding. I also tried selling a few things on e bay. ( come buy ) it is my name on e bay also.

Offline Ray_AL

• Brood
« Reply #427 on: June 24, 2010, 09:19:58 am »
Trying to keep user name as simple as possible.  Name and location = Ray_Al (Alabama)   Glad to be here and hope to pick up useful information to raise bees.   

Offline G Bees

• New Bee
« Reply #428 on: July 10, 2010, 12:23:02 am »
HI everyone.  New to this sight started as anew beek this year and have two small hives so far.  ;)  Chose my name from Gerald for G and my bees   :-D
Gerald Barrett

Offline kayacanoe

• New Bee
« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2010, 07:30:27 pm »
I have many hobbies, but kayaking and canoeing are my favorite.  Bees come in a very close second.
Kayacanoe

Offline dragonmaster765

• New Bee
« Reply #430 on: August 10, 2010, 12:56:04 pm »
Picked my name because #1: I like dragons
                                  #2: First username on GameFAQs (others like mine were already in use)
                                  #3: if I keep the same name, it's not too hard to remember all of them :-D

Offline CapnChkn

• Field Bee
« Reply #431 on: August 14, 2010, 03:44:30 am »
Years ago, when I thought I would be a writer for comedy, I invented a character called "Captain Chicken."  In the 80's, when you won a video game, the machine would ask, "What is your name? (8 characters maximum)"  So I abbreviated my character to CapnChkn (Note the Caps.).  Later when I was asked what user name I wanted when I logged into the ISP, it included the caption, "(8 characters maximum)."

I'm always Captain Chicken, or more precisely CapnChkn.  In the resulting 15 years I've been surprised to see a stuffed chicken with my characters name in San Antonio TX, and a Capt. Chicken in Hawaii.
"Thinking is like sin, them that doesn't is scairt of it, and them that does gets to liking it so much they can't quit!"  -Josh Billings.

Offline hoverround

• New Bee
« Reply #432 on: August 16, 2010, 04:28:27 am »
I would someday like to be a beemaster but for now im just hovering round :shock:

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #433 on: October 05, 2010, 10:22:24 am »
I had a lecturer in uni who is said to have made the comment that "Some flashes of brilliance but most of the time he is so laid back I think he's comatose".

8-)

Offline winginit

• House Bee
« Reply #434 on: October 05, 2010, 11:16:54 am »
Phil, I was wondering where your name came from! Great post.

As for me, while working in corporate America I realized that most executives are wingin' it but pretending otherwise. I'm was no exception, so I decided to stop pretending. The world is changing so fast, I am curious and eager to learn, but I also rely on intuition, not a small amount of luck, and sometimes a wing and a prayer.

Offline Ibeehappy

• Brood
« Reply #435 on: November 15, 2010, 09:39:21 pm »
I chose my name IBEEHAPPY because I'm happy to be a new beekeeper. I'm happy when I don't get stung and I'm happy for honey for my own brood!  LOL  Actually I am very excited to be a beekeeper and I wanted to do something to save the bees.  The more I have learned about them the less fear I have and the more excited I get.  Everyone in the beekeeping community has been so wonderful and helpful.  Its very cool!

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #436 on: November 15, 2010, 10:27:18 pm »
Pretty plain I guess. V for Vickie, my wife of over 21 yrs that has always supported me. Even in keeping bees. I asked her if she would video my first hive inspection. Her reply "You bet! I want to get it on video if they get after you. Ha. I digress. M for Mike and then Martin is our last name. Really like reading these.
JP, I remember HR Puffin Stuff. Looking back it seems like somebody was on a bad acid trip. The talking trees freaked me out.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2010, 12:05:46 am »
Still love HR Puffin Stuff! Its a childhood memory thing.  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2010, 10:48:19 pm »
Childhood memory thing?  The stupid song is now in my head.   I am probably going to have nightmares now.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2010, 11:35:00 am »
Okay, Okay, HR Puffin Stuff, what the ding dong is that?  When I first heard it I thought it was like a puffer or something, now it sounds like it is a song one cannot get out of their head, tell me about HR Puffin Stuff, you know my need to know, smiling.  Beautiful days, of love, health and lots of peace, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything