Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee in Ear...  (Read 8639 times)

Offline my-smokepole

• House Bee
Re: Bee in Ear...
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 02:54:21 pm »
I to had some frame like that. With cut comb.  :)
My-smokepole
My-smokepole

Offline WV Hillbilly

• New Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 03:16:36 pm »
      I have a bad back & have had back surgery which didn't do much good . When I get out of bed in the morning I have trouble just walking so needless to say I don't
run much . Last summer I drove my riding mower overtop a yellowjackets nest & before I knew what was going on there was a cloud of them around & on me . I found out that I could still pickem up & putem down pretty fast . Good thing that mower had a switch under the seat that killed the mower when vacated .
      Also got some type of bug in my ear one time that liked to drive me crazy . My
wife suggested holding a flashlight over my ear & maybe the bug would come to the light . Worked like a charm .

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 05:16:53 pm »
Lets see, I have been bitten by a stingray in the caymens(photo posted before on this forum), stepped on a sting ray and got stung in Florida on my foot(very, very, very painful) stung over a hubndred times by EHB's( causes one to vomit), stung by 25 YJ's last week(hurts, and itches more than EHB), stung by bumble, and hornet, but the bite that hurt the most is a close tie. Either stepping on the stingray(hurts for hours and at high threshold), or getting bit by a 7ft reticulated python in college, not once but twice. Couldn't dislodge the teeth and whn I did, bit me again before i could blink. Hand and shoulder! I also got bit by a "pet" racoon in 5th grade as part of the traveling phildalphia zoo in front of whole class. & stitches to close that one. Oh yeah, blue claw crabs can really do anumber on a finger too. Scar for that one.

Brings back a lot of memories. Not necesarily good ones!
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Wes Sapp

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 06:10:07 pm »
Konsadad, IMO... You win!!!
Wes Sapp

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 11:08:36 pm »
I stepped on a devil ray once, but I got lucky and it didn't sting me.

What also hurts is getting jabbed right in the pressure point between the thumb and forefinger by a gulf catfish fin spine, and having it thrash a bit with your hand stuck to it...

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 11:38:03 pm »
Hey Sgt!!
THATS what i was talking about awhile back when I was telling about the hardhead stuck in my hand!
Oh Yeah, I KNOW you KNOW what you're talking about!! :shock:

your friend,
john

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 12:05:53 am »
John, yep, there is nothing I have experienced that even comes close to that kind of pain.  I was lucky that I got stuck on the last day of our vacation, had it been earlier in the week, it would have ruined the whole vacation for me.  Good to know I'm not the only person that's ever had that happen.  I'll tell ya, I learned my lesson, and I'll never remove one from the hook while it's still alive again.  That one catfish just signed the death warrant of every other catfish that ever bites my line again.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 09:10:43 pm »
Haaaarrrrrgh!!!!
  When I got stung by the hardhead, the following day i almost drowned in the pool where we were camped at :shock:!
 I was in the pool and i hollered at my buddy James to toss me my mask, which he did....Me, the idiot I am, said to myself,"Gee, I''ll do like in the movies and put this mask on underwater".....So, I stuck it to my face and INHALED!!!!...HARD!!!!....WHAT WAS I THINKING????? :-P...All instinct kicked in IMEDIATELY!!!. ...
 Now, as James saw the performance unveil right before his eyes, he told me what he saw and heard!!!
 He said, firstly, he heard a big GRUNT from under the water, sort of like a Hippos grunt!!.....Then he saw ME come shooting out of the water like a TRIDENT MISSILE!!..He said it was the greatest thing he'd ever seen!
 Now, I remember hitting the cement walkway....I remember gasping for air and my lungs wouldnt breath!!..The best i could describe the sound was like a walrus going "HAAAARPHHH, HAAARRRPHH, HAAARRPHHHH, over and over....You know, like the sound a seal makes when it barks except in a deep base tone!!....Then, finally, the water came shooting out of my lungs!!!..Came out my mouth, my nose!!...I threw up a ton of water too!!
 Then, I couldnt stop laughing from the look of fright I saw in james and his wifes faces!!..They thought i was "Buying the Farm"!!...So did I!!!
Anyways, after all was well, we had a few more beers....
  James said to me, with a look of awe, "darn John,...I ain't EVER seen a pool clear out that fast!!"
 I remember thinking about this when he said it..I did recollect,.....There were about 20 people in the pool when this happened, and when I was done drowning, the only people left around the pool were  James, his wife Nancy, and ME! :-D

And guess what Kathy!...This was at Port Isabel!..Sailor Bobs Motel and Campground!

your friend,
john