Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Indiana  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Dan Williamson

• New Bee
Hello from Indiana
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:36:49 am »
Just thought I'd introduce myself.  My name is Dan Williamson.  I live in Wheatfield, IN.  I started winter with around 80 hives.  Started with bees when I was 12 stopped at 20 when I was in college... and in 2004 got back into bees.  We'll see how things look come spring.  My main line of work is for the local gas and power utility.  I work as an energy trader and have worked here for 11+ years.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:11:33 am »
Welcome Dan.

Many wonderful people here and interesting forums.

You a Colt fan?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Dan Williamson

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:25:37 am »
Nah... frankly I've never been a sports guy... I played sports in highschool and a little in college but I've never been one to follow teams.  Most people around where I live due to the proximity of Chicago are Bears fans. 

Haven't had a chance to check the site out much but I figure if you, Bullseye, and others are here and like it... then maybe it'll be a good place to spend some time.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 10:39:50 am »
I have not been on yet, but many like the video and hookups that the site offers. Some interesting forums, that's for sure.

Been a Colt fan since the Baltimore days. It's the last of the sports I watch. Most sports are just thugs and overpaid athletes. Yeah, like football.  :roll:  But I like Manning, and Dungy....class acts!
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:13:49 am »
Dan welcome to our forum, wow!!!  Eighty hives, that be a big number, lots of work.  You have taken quite the break from the bees eh?  Good luck with this winter.  You have much experience with the bees.  Stick around, this could be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, also make some new friends.  Have a great and wonderful day, life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 10:26:52 pm »
Hello and Welcome Dan
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 03:59:15 pm »
Welcome Dan.  I too run 80 colonies.  It is pretty fun.... 

Again welcome aboard.

Brian
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 03:42:57 am »
I figure if you, Bullseye, and others are here and like it... then maybe it'll be a good place to spend some time.

This is a good place to spend some time!  Lots of friendlies here.  Hope that infected finger is getting better faster than mine.

I'll try to post some pictures of my new bee trailers soon.  Thanks for the inspiration!

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 04:17:08 pm »
 A belated welcome over here Dan!  Good to see you here and look forward to talking with you here.

Offline Dan Williamson

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 04:19:58 pm »
Hey Bill,

Good news is that after the shot they gave me straight into the joint I've had absolutely ZERO pain or difficulty with my finger.  The bad news is that for some reason my insurance wouldn't pay for the shot.  It cost me $104.  Either way i'd still have it done but it sucked that they wouldn't pay for it.  I still don't understand why.  The only info I was able to get on my bill was that it was called "arthrocentisis, small joint"  Don't know what that means... but that's what it said.

Anyway.....  all is well here.