Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Short Story  (Read 2237 times)

Offline heaflaw

• House Bee
Short Story
« on: February 27, 2008, 01:11:18 am »
Here's a story I wrote.  Does anyone think it's funny?  I won't be offended if you don't like it.

I went to see my beekeeping friend, John Hove and his wife Beatrice.  While I was there, Beatrice asked me to help load a hive onto their pickup truck.  When we got it on the truck, some of the bees escaped and stung her.  I got mad at the bees and threw the hive onto the ground, breaking it into pieces.  The moral of the story is:

It behooves a beehive to behave, or on behalf of Bea Hove, I will be having to be heaving it onto the ground.

Offline Burl

• House Bee
Re: Short Story
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 02:03:05 am »
Heaflaw ,  That was truly magnificent word-play .  Well done friend !
                                                                         ---Burl---
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Short Story
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 10:09:51 am »
Heaflaw.  Well done, as Burl said.  Some thought went into that, that shines through.

You are on the same plane as Burl -- he is king of this kind of stuff, you should hear some of the stuff that he writes in here, oooh it makes me wanna laugh, ooooh it makes me wanna shout!!!  So funneeeeee.  Have a wonderfully beautiful day, sharin' and lovin' our great earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service