Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First year beekeeper, and I love it!!!  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Scott in SLC

• Brood
First year beekeeper, and I love it!!!
« on: July 26, 2008, 12:23:21 am »
I just met a new beekeeper friend here in Salt Lake City, Utah (Frantz).  He sold me an observation hive and I am so excited to get it working.  Frantz told me about this site as well, great!

I'm addicted to these bees already.... It's a lot of fun.  I bought a NUC early this spring.  Never been stung yet.  I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY BEES ARE IN MY HIVE ALREADY!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: First year beekeeper, and I love it!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:42:45 am »
Welcome to the forums.You will really enjoy the ob hive and Frantz has shown you to a great place to make other beekeeping friends!!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:29:10 am »
Scott, welcome to our forum, you will indeed love to spend time here with us, tell us your tales and experiences, we love to listen.  This will be a place where you will also make some new friends.  The bees will keep you spellbound with their tales of the hive, hee, hee.  Stick around, ask your questions, I am sure that you will have many, and welcome to the fascinating world of the honeybee.  Have a most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 12:56:46 pm »
Sill liking  beekeeping it 50+ yrs. of keep bees good Lord will go 50 more yrs. Welcome to the forums and have lot of fun !!

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 08:30:42 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Pond Creek Farm

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:50:22 pm »
Welcome, Scott.  I, too, am a first year beekeeper and I learn a great deal from the people on this site who luckily for me are generous with their time and tolerant of ignorance.  I hope you have as much fun as my sons and I have with our bees.
Brian

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 10:17:30 pm »
yeh, Scott, welcome to the forums!
 I think you'll like it here. I think I spend more time here than at my bees area( right behind my house)..I figger its not as healthy sitting here as it would be lugging bee boxes up and down and around, but the forums are just a part of all of it!
 Beekeeping, I think, is a lifestyle...It changes everything! You live it, and you love it!..For me, say for instance, someone quits, or has to retire, for whatever reasons, It makes me sad...Its like losing a family member :( But, like when someone like you comes here, Its like GETTING a new family member :)
 Most of us dont really know each other except for the fact we all have bees in common!. For me, I take everybody here at "Face Value"...I usually believe what people tell me...Everybody here is kind of like perfect..In here, you hear peoples heart as there is no outward appearances to change your opinions of each other. (Well, I liike to post pictures of me though, so I'm no secret :-D0..i THINK i GET A BIGGER KICK OUT OF ME SEEING ME HERE THAN ANYBODY ELSE SEEING ME HERE!)
 Then again, I could be tricked into believing somebodys words. I dont think that happens much here though.. At least not to where I can see. Moderators here are great too! I even got an email once wishing me happy birthday!..Now, how cool is THAT!
 You really will meet new friends here! You''ll get tons of answers to tons of questions too!....And, you will have 10 hives soon!( I'm psychic!) Actually, if your hanging with Frantz, well.....you know the old saying(hmmm,...What is that old saying anyhow???).....I cant remember....
Well, enjoy the bees...Have fun...And learn stuff so you can show people like me!

your friend,
john