Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New trap set today  (Read 1931 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
New trap set today
« on: June 11, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »
Apartment building in Burlington, NC today.
Jacobs and I set the trap at 10:30 AM and had bees carrying pollen into the catch box before 11:00. Will check tomorrow for alternative entrances. Should have queen cells capped by next weekend.

More Pics.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/Iddee/TRAP%20OUTS/BurlingtonApt/
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
Re: New trap set today
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:21:51 pm »
iddee, I read your How To but have a question. In the how to you said for the catch box you use one frame of brood with eggs.
In your catch box, so only one frame is with brood and eggs. All other frames in the catch box is empty frames? If empty frames, do you go with foundation/foundationless?

And just to confirm here's your set up

Trapout hive coned entrance/exit---Box entrance touching---Inside BOX config [EMPTY FRAME, BROOD, EMPTY FRAMES all the way to the other side]
Does that sound right?
Thanks

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:26:15 pm »
Looks like you have it. All my frames have Walter T. Kelley wire w/hooks foundation and I embed 2 cross wires. No exceptions.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jhs494

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:53:17 pm »
Very nice pictures iddee. I hope you keep us posted on the progress.
I noticed your ladder. How well do you like it?
I had a swarm call a couple of weeks ago and the homeowner said there was no need to bring a ladder he had some I could use. So against my better judgement I didn't take a ladder. He came out with one like your pictures. I gotta say I love it. I bought one last weekend and it now stays in my truck.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!
Joe S.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 10:23:25 pm »
Both my partners have them, so I haven't bought one. They are nice, tho.

*Shel Silverstein*