Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: V. Mite Issue  (Read 24406 times)

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
Re: V. Mite Issue
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2007, 10:26:47 pm »
I hope that you do not try on hives all those methods what you get in mind.  They are tens.

In these discussions are mentioned methods which are not under common control researches. Vinegar is a such.
I wonder where all these ideas will  lead us.

Treatments' purpose is to kill mites. There is narrow area between mite and bee killing, and brood killing.

I am going to stay inside area "officially controlled knowledge". That is more than enough for one beekeeper.

Finsky;  Are you saying that your country has not researched vinegar as a method to control varroa mites   Charlie

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2007, 10:41:35 pm »
Is there research anywhere? If so where?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2007, 11:49:00 pm »
Is there research anywhere? If so where?

Jerrymac; Research was done on the vinegar vaporizer in the mid 1980s by the manufacturer prior to it being placed on the market in 1989. It is manufactured in Altoona Iowa.   Charlie

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2007, 01:21:38 am »
So you have nothing (a web page link) to post here???
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2007, 10:06:00 am »

sean; No other method of delivery that i'm aware of. where have you been looking to find one?  Charlie

None of the bee supply stores i have checkd have it, and there arent a lot. been thinking if there is a way to make a simple one but haven't figured it out as yet.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2007, 11:24:35 am »
I've seen the adds in Bee Culture and ABJ. Very interesting topic. The next obvious question, Are there any other beeks using this method and what are there observations and thoughts? I like info backed up w/ research. But that is not always needed. This might be one of those times.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2007, 11:36:09 am »

sean; No other method of delivery that i'm aware of. where have you been looking to find one?  Charlie

None of the bee supply stores i have checkd have it, and there arent a lot. been thinking if there is a way to make a simple one but haven't figured it out as yet.

sean, how could you miss the picture i uploaded in my previous reply? or you just have serious doubts about efficency of "my gadget"

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2007, 01:38:36 pm »

sean, how could you miss the picture i uploaded in my previous reply? or you just have serious doubts about efficency of "my gadget"

Oops actuially did over look the diagram. It does look workable and i shall be trying it. Will post a review on it as well.

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2007, 03:45:32 pm »
So you have nothing (a web page link) to post here???

Jerrymac; I probably should have been more clear in my answer to your question. In the mid 1980s the manufacturer of the cyclone vinegar vaporizer conducted research to determine what affect vaporized vinegar,circulated through the bee colony would have on the varroa mite, tracheal mite and other in hive pests. This research was done in Altoona Iowa. This was done prior to marketing the machine in 1989. Charlie

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2007, 07:06:20 pm »

mici; this vaporizer has nothing to do with oxalic acid, as oxalic acid is not approved for use in honey bee colonies in this country (U.S.A.)  Its only made to vaporize vinegar, nothing else. 
                                                                  Charlie

After i vaporize the hive Oops, I mean use the vaporizer what happens to the beetles. Do they just drop dead and the bees carry them out or what? Will be trying it out on 1 hive this weekend

anything