Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Too much vitamine C.  (Read 3971 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Too much vitamine C.
« on: October 15, 2006, 02:42:41 pm »
My citrus orchard, the best on the world -with the Florida, Texas and California ones  :lol: - are going to explode this year.

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/4091/dsc08300hr7.jpg[/img]
My father with his citrus -naranjos-.
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/4091/dsc08300hr7.jpg
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:31:58 pm by buzzbee »

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Too much vitamine C.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 03:00:53 pm »
huuum, why don't you support the branches???

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Too much vitamine C.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:12:53 am »
Any years ago I was using "tutors" to support the branches. Once upon at time... I could sell 100.000 kgs of oranges since november to march to 40 ctms of € the kg., actually I don´t know if I will sell 40.000 kg to 30 ctms./kg.
So, it is a "natural rejuvenation pruning".

By the way...don´t you need any tons of oranges? :lol:

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Re: Too much vitamine C.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 04:35:27 pm »
My laboratory...where I clean the oranges. I don´t cover the fruit with wax and fungicide.  100 % fresh and Natural.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 06:38:06 pm »
they look so much more tempting than they do in the stores. oh dear!!! when we went to Greece, two years ago, my greatest wish about oranges (still remains to be fullfilled) was to pick and eat an orange. those that we buy just aren't the same, and that's for sure.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 08:40:16 pm »
Oh those orange pictures, beautiful.  Oranges are one of the nicest fruit that I know of.  We do not have the privilege of growing oranges in our climate.  We do have many fruit that grow on trees.  Ones I can think of top of my head are:  apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, kiwi, there are more, but these are the ones that first come to my mind.  Oranges are the prettiest of all fruit I think.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 12:20:09 am »
Ahh oranges, the  memories!

We used to grow zillions of oranges in Mildura. Then marketing people got involved and decided that oranges had to have a certain look, and could only be a certain size. So all the old staples like navel oranges and Bloods for jam and dozens more  got ripped up and they planted things like Valencias.

Then the Supermarkets said nah they no good they all ripen at once! and they too dear. So they import Brazillian concerntrate for next to nothing. Even Oranges from california!

So all the Orange farmers, some of them 4th generation plowed in all their oranges. They could no longer afford to keep farming at a loss.

It is a very sad example of the global economy at work.

I just cant fathom the stupidity of growing one or two varieties of a fruit. With so few varieties there is no hope if there is a disease outbreak. The worlds gone mad.

Apples is worse. Used to be about 150 varieties around, now thre are only a handful left. The ones that look like classic apples, all red and shiny. You struggle now to find a decent granny Smith for a pie.

Keep farming your oranges buddy, the world needs people like you.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 10:17:47 am »
Mick you hit the nail right on the head.  The many hybrid foods that we grow are indeed crazy.  Many, many people here are going back to the old "heirloom" varieties, ones that our grandparents grew, tried and true, always growing, strong and vigorous.   Ones that have not hybridized and bred to be the best of the best.  You are right about crop failure, if there is only one or two varieties, what is those died off....ya, could be a disaster.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything