Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Joys of Entrepreneurship  (Read 2205 times)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
The Joys of Entrepreneurship
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:51:09 pm »
A man owned a small ranch in Texas.
The Texas Wage & Hour Dept. sent a man out and claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.

"Well," replied the rancher, "there's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600 a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $500 per week plus free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night."

"That's the guy I want to talk to, the half-wit," says the agent.

"That would be me," replied the rancher

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: The Joys of Entrepreneurship
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:17:25 am »
I didn't know they had small ranches in Texas. LOL
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: The Joys of Entrepreneurship
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:57:19 am »
Only if you are a Texican can you have a small ranch. If you are from anywhere else, those small ranches seem large.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything