Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hughes net  (Read 4941 times)

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Hughes net
« on: June 11, 2009, 09:35:55 pm »
Does anyone here use Hughes net?  /dish internet?
doak :)

Offline greenismycolor

• House Bee
Re: Hughes net
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:27:23 pm »
We use Wild Blue. It is satellite internet. Cost about the same, some say that Hughes net is faster. You could take a look.
http://www.wildblue.com/
Believe!

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 10:31:48 pm »
Ya I use it and I ahve nothing to say good about them at all, I have no choice or I would drop them like a rotten carcass. I can't say enough bad about them. I will say if there is anything else avaialbe do it first. Ya its 1.5 mb bndwidth, and the first three video's or utube movies you watch are enough to put you over the FAP,, fair access policy, you download 250 mb and your turned down so slow you can't even surf. 
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 12:18:22 am »
I'll not be doing movies. Maybe a video clip once in a while off the forums.
I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it. Only other choice is wild blue.
don't know anything about it. :)doak

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:23:49 am »
Doak, I was watching some of the beemaster cams, that took 15 mins, i was over the limit. when I said movies , I mean video clips from anywere on the net. I have to have it for work, but its highly undiserable, type in hughes net in google and see what the concensus is, you'll see a lot of unhappy people. but if you have no choice and you don't plan on downloading anything then you have the right thing.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:53:16 am »
I strongly advise to avoid wild blue and hughes net. I had wild blue and they ended up having to refund my money but only after a BBB complaint. Nothing good to say either.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 12:12:01 pm »
What else is there? If I don't have Hughes or Wild Blue, the only other choice is dial up.
I cannot get DHL where I am and the lap top deal will not pick up signals at my house.
I know you people don't want me to, "go away", and I don't want to. :roll: :)doak

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 12:22:24 pm »
Sometimes you do what you got to do, so if that is the only way to be able to stay around then I guess there is no other choice. Pull up a chair buddy.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 12:40:32 pm »
In my chair. I need to improve on my typing speed, some time it is so fast it tries to post before I get through typing. :shock: :roll: :roll: :) ;)doak

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 07:25:59 pm »
Doak, if you got no choice then hughes would be it, I only wanted you to not be disapointed at the crap you'll get for what you'll pay. but for chatting in ventrillo, surfing and watching one or two video's its fine. Well except for cutting off in storms, sunspots, neigbors cat in the driveway, lol that sort of thing. I have used it for 3 years, but I really need dependable and fast downloads, of very large sizes ,, you sure can't be a power user with either of them. But stick around,,,  get hughes, i'll reccomend ya and get 50 bucks, :)   just kidding.

Offline oldenglish

• House Bee
    • Colonial Honey Farm
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 09:43:10 pm »
If you have cell phone service at home then you should (in theory) be able to use a wireless modem. I have a verizon wireless modem plugged into my desktop, along with a wireless router so that I can sit on the couch with my laptop. Additionally to boost the signal I have an external antenna. The modem was free with two yr service, the router was a couple hundred bucks and about $50 for the antenna. I was lucky, when I signed up it was unlimited so I dont get VAPed, since then they have introduced limits.

Check this site out for tips, also the folks at the 3G store are top rate
http://www.evdoforums.com/

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 12:57:55 am »
oldenglish, that want do it.
I live down in a hole and my cell phone doesn't get a half bar here.
I prefer not to go the expense of a laptop and have to go 1000 feet up the hill each time I want to compute. Besides I have Net-tel and buy my minutes by the month. Not trying to cut you short.
The Hughes is doing O.K. as long as I don't try to go to videos or movies. :)doak