Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: uncapping wire  (Read 4053 times)

Anonymous

uncapping wire
« on: August 03, 2004, 10:17:42 am »
Any one know of a plan to make a capping wire? Rather than use a knife I'm told you use some sort of U frame with a wire heated by a 12v battery to uncap cells.
 :D Al

Offline Martha Beemom

• New Bee
uncapping wire
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 09:56:41 pm »
I don't have a plan, but you can go to hobby lobby. Yup, go the fake flower section, around the styrofoam. It is a foam cutter. I use it for that sheet insulation. No squeeky noises.

Anyway, it is a tube, like a flashlight with 2 d cells. A little piece of metal - like a coping saw that you string the wire through. You just swing the little metal tab and boom the wire is hot.

I'll have to get mine out and see if it is wide enough for a frame. Maybe a shallow.

Do they make coping saws wider than the width of a deep? Hmmmm. Looks like a trip to home depot is in the works for me. ;)

Martha in KC

Anonymous

uncapping wire
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 10:32:58 am »
Don't think they make a coping saw as wide as a deep frame. I am sure that the coping saw is as wide as a Illionis super 6 5/8th inch.
May I recommend Lowe's rather than Home Depot. I have a boycott going againest them at the present time over their NASCAR team support.

And thanks for the Idea to look in to the foam cutter Idea. Might have to modfiy it a bit but is a good place to get the Idea of how to build one.

:D Al