Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Adding New Hives \ Small Cell  (Read 3138 times)

Offline dcwilliams_29id

• New Bee
Adding New Hives \ Small Cell
« on: December 21, 2004, 11:07:17 am »
Well, my first year with my DE hive proved to be a great one!  I am adding 5 new langstroth hives next year with the DE hive modification kit for each of them.  I have been over on www.beesource.com and reading a lot on the small cell foundation that is supposed to help with varroa control.  Dadant has it, the size is 4.9.  There are some very interesting theories over on that board, and a lot of great conversations on organic beekeeping.  Has anyone here used small cell?  Finman - what size foundation do you use in Finland?

Chris

Offline Finman

• House Bee
Re: Adding New Hives \ Small Cell
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 11:25:01 am »
Quote from: dcwilliams_29id
Has anyone here used small cell?  Finman - what size foundation do you use in Finland?

Chris

We have normal size.

My friend professional beekeeper talks about it all the time. He has Elgons. - I read one research that it may dropp 50% mite level.

I do not trust that. Now I trust oxalic acid. I have no possibilities to have "opinion" about that issue.

I take into use the method which is ready to use.

For 40 years, I have nursed bees, there has been all kinds of "solutions". It is impossible to follow them.  And all are riht! Awfull persons we beekepers  :lol:

Home level potato farmes are same kind: "My potatoes are the best!