Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?  (Read 5116 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« on: March 09, 2005, 11:23:32 pm »
I'm sitting here, totally pooped after an 8 day stretch at work, looking at the 450 member mark being surpassed - is 500 far behind???

I never predict anything (bites me in the butt when I do) but I think we "MIGHT" see 500 members by the first day of Spring   :D

Glad everyone lately has made it to the forums fairly event free - we haven't had a bot-member in quite awhile, and everyone has been great about adding their locations - well... most of you  :shock:

Seriously though - welcome to all the new members and BEST WISHES going into Spring. I hope we all have a long stay together as we share our experiences in this wonderous but sometime frustrating hobby.

I hope we all get through these last weeks before the weather starts to change with the colonies intact and trees not blooming until the bees can fly. Talk soon :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Rich V

• House Bee
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 11:56:16 pm »
Whats a bot member?

Rich V.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:26:03 am »
A bot member is one created by a companys computer and it advertises in its web page link and never post due to it is fake. I think it is possible to get 500 members by spring, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 11:13:50 am »
"Horns Pure Honey"(...) and never post due to it is fake.

Some of them do post as well.  The post does then contain some weird text with a link in it. It is meant to make you curious and click on the link.  

But many of them do not post like Ryan says.  The reason why this is beneficial anyway is that google (and others) rate sites by looking at how many others sites link to you.  The more sites that link to you, the higher ranking you get. And high rated sites that links to you is weighted even higher.  So by posting a link on beemaster.com and others which have a high ranking on search engines already, they boost their own ranking a whole lot on the search engines.

Offline leominsterbeeman

• House Bee
    • http://www.leominsterbeeman.com
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 12:06:06 pm »
Thanks,  Learned something new today (How Internet search engines work and rank sights).  I've got to have more sites link to me!
Michael Keane
leominsterbeeman@comcast.net
http://www.leominsterbeeman.com

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 04:05:58 pm »
This is why I don't BET - lol. Since I wrote this original post, we haven't had a member except Michael - some Irish Curse I carry I guess - lolol.

But all is good, numbers mean nothing, the quality of this membership is the important issue and THAT we have well covered  :D

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 04:06:38 pm »
This is why I don't BET - lol. Since I wrote this original post, we haven't had a member except David Lee JAckson - some Irish Curse I carry I guess - lolol.

But all is good, numbers mean nothing, the quality of this membership is the important issue and THAT we have well covered  :D

Offline dorado

• New Bee
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 07:14:59 pm »
LOL.... I just registered after nearly a year of lurking. I hope to get my first hive started in a couple weeks. This past weekend I cleaned and painted an old hive body and hope to get additional equipment and bees from a friend in a couple of weeks. I already feel more comfortable with the thought of getting bees after following this forum and one other I go to each day.

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 08:25:50 pm »
Who would ever want to just lurk around and not join in the fun we're having? :)

Beth

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 08:57:58 pm »
Beth:

There are KINKY people in the world Beth  :shock:  :oops:  I know if I lived in the city I'd own a telescope - lololol  :lol:

Just busting of course Dorado - glad you did join, I eventually write everyone who joins, but after nearly 500 welcome letters, I find it better to wait until THEY post first :)

But since you have been reading along all this time, there isn't much I could add except that you are WELL ON YOUR WAY to being an even better beekeeper - and you should know many of the frequent posters quite well by now too. In that same respect, I have joined forums ALSO hanging out to get the feel and mood of the place. We are a lucky group here because the mood is always very light and fun - and of all the neat things that can happen in the forums, a light and fun mood are the most treasured.

Welcome Aboard!!!!

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 09:19:42 pm »
Yeah.... I know you John. The WILD man! LOL

Yep..... I bet you understand lurkers quiiiite well. :)

Beth

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 07:21:44 pm »
What is the first day of spring anyway? Cause we've got nearly 500 members now. We just might make it!

:)

Come on you other lurkers.... join up!

Beth

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
500 MEMBERS BY SPRING ?
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 08:49:54 pm »
Quote from: Beth Kirkley
What is the first day of spring anyway? Cause we've got nearly 500 members now. We just might make it!

:)

Come on you other lurkers.... join up!

Beth

Too late!   Spring started on the 20th. :cry:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Lurking
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 10:05:54 pm »
No Lurking allowed by yourselfs some bees and start helping the world
kirk
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

anything