Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mite Solution Gel?  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Butterchurn

• New Bee
Mite Solution Gel?
« on: March 30, 2005, 06:11:51 pm »
Does anyone have experience with this product for v mite treatment? It is put on plastic strips on the bottom board and the bees walk over it. It causes the bees to groom more? Anyhow, thought I'd ask if anyone has comments about it and its efficacy. Used to be called "Bee Calmer."

I spoke with the owner of "Parson's Gold Apiary" who sells it.

Thanks!

Ron
Butterchurn (Ron)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Mite Solution Gel?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 12:22:48 am »
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Mite Solution Gel?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 07:45:21 am »
I tried it,and did not see any noticeable difference.  It is a pain in th butt, I think anyway.   I spread in on a piece of plexiglass and shoved in the entrance once a week.  

It seems to me like it is vaseline with essential oils.  It is very strong smelling at first, but subsides rather quickly.

A neighbor that introduced me too it swore by it,  but then again he lost all 8 hives that winter.   This was about 2 winters ago, and I'm not sure if he is still using it.

Your results may vary.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline TVaughan

• New Bee
Mite Solution Gel?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:34:24 am »
A neighbor that introduced me too it swore by it, but then again he lost all 8 hives that winter.

:oops:

Offline wingmaster

• New Bee
Mite Solution Gel?
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 08:42:19 am »
:roll:  Its vaseline and Tea tree oil. You could mix it your self and save some bucks. Tea tree oil will help with mean bees but I don't know if it will kill a mites. I am suprised he is still selling it after the epa went after him.
 http://www.pestlaw.com/x/enforce/EPA-19970930A.html

anything