Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cataloging the differences of bees and their traits  (Read 2026 times)

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
Cataloging the differences of bees and their traits
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:35:43 pm »
For breeding purposes, I've been on the search for a reference book that contains useful information about each breed and strain of bee, including their breeding lineage, traits, country of origin, breeding potential, dispositions, and so on. I have been very unsuccessful in my search. Most resources have some information about the disposition of a certain breed or strain, but none seem to go into depth about any one strain, let alone most of them.

I've begun the process of compiling and cataloging the information I find on each strain and breed of bee, and comparing it to personal experience. Unfortunately, I'm a hobby beekeeper and I have a regular 9-5 job. I don't have the time or resources to compare each strain with personal experience, contact each breeder, and read EVERY beekeeping book.

So is anyone else interested in helping? Have relevant experience with strains, know about their breeding potential, or just want to read about it?

Russell Apiaries has been kind enough to give us forum space on their research website. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

anything