Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Clover and the Cursed Kansas Rabbits....  (Read 4668 times)

Offline SerenaSYH

• House Bee
Clover and the Cursed Kansas Rabbits....
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:05:40 pm »
I know this is very pathetic when one is trying to garden for clover, lol! but I am in suburban purgatory where we do have to use herbicides to maintain the pristineness of suburbia and the neighborhood association rules....So for those who don't know this, I've been planting happy paradise patches with a rim of pavers around my trees where all the nice seeded clover is at, hoping for a nice patch of white for the honeybees to visit and to make the clover as "decorative" as possible, lol! Well, the dang rabbits not only force me to erect nasty-butt mesh fences for all my roses, but now I have to deal with their clover chomping habits as well!!! They have completely destroyed and vandalized my clover patches. All I got is naked stalks now. Sheesh!

GRRRRRRRR!!!! sorry I had to rant and rave :roll:, but boy do I hate Kansas rabbits....grrrrrr!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Clover and the Cursed Kansas Rabbits....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 04:10:50 pm »
They are delicious when fried like chicken, then make gravy with the drippings. HINT, HINT.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:20:22 pm »
Once the rabbits get skiddish and stop coming out during the day, you will need to get someone to hold the flashlight for you as you harvest.    :-D 

Offline SerenaSYH

• House Bee
shhhh...skeletons in the closet, lol!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:36:58 pm »
uh, guys, only to you both and to this bee forum do I dare confess my truly evil nature!  :evil: :evil: :evil: VBEG! to the max....

Hey, if our beloved honeybees can rob, pillage and murder each other, then surely I can't be that psycho, lol! ummmm, I think  :-X

Well, yes, I have tried to chase a baby bunny rabbit with a sharp broken stake, stabbing at it while it ran under my herbs and roses when it dared sneak under my 3' mesh fence...And dang it, I kept missing that creature as well. To this day I can't tell who I was madder at- that baby bunny that escaped, or me who kept missing!!!!

And yes, I asked my boyfriend to bury a headless rabbit that was a road kill right at the curb of my driveway as welcome fertilizer for the trees. Dang too bad it wasn't me who squashed its head like a grapefruit (triple evil psycho me).

Yup, the bunnies have made me that psychotic...Sheesh I hope no rose gardener ever googles my name and undigs my terrible secrets, lol! I have had roses and plants die because of those rabbits, and they will eat everything to the ground.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 07:51:39 pm »
Just for a special, big-hearted woman who wouldn't harm a flea.  :roll: :-D

http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/how/woodworking/how-build-rabbit-live-trap-i
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »
Ya, or use a .22 rifle.   I use Aguila Super Colibri bullets.   They fly real slow and got no range, but they make less noise than my air rifle to shoot.   Head shots are the key folks with that small shot.   But the neighbors never, well, they encourage to clean up a few squirrels every so often, but they don't hear the shot.   

Offline SerenaSYH

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 04:38:12 am »
 :evil: bwahaha-bwahaha :evil: Iddee that's adding sauce to the sauteing pan! I was thinking that gives me une très bonee idée! That rabbit live trap needs to be adapted to rabbit à la guillotine. Bwahahaha, bwahahaha!

Love your idea too Allen! bwahahaha!!!!  :evil: :-D

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 04:31:06 pm »
I'm starting to get a little scared over here.

Offline rober

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 06:40:54 pm »
get a couple live traps or build a box trap. use apple slices & commercial rabbit feed for bait. when caught you can drown them & eat them or use for fertilizer. when skinning in the summer wear rubber gloves. use the back side of a shovel to bludgeon them instead of the stick. do not feel guilty!!! several years ago i worked on the henry shaw house in the mo bot. gardens in st louis. most tour volunteers were sweet grandmotherly looking women. when squirrels or rabbits were mentioned their mouths would twist into grimaced sneers while they cursed those evil vermin & vowed to kill them all. after finding all of my new green bean plants nipped off at the ground bunnies went back on the menu. I have a high powered .22 air rifle. in the last 2 weeks i've shot 8 rabbits, 9 squirrels, & bludgeoned 6 baby bunnies. i also consider all starlings & english sparrows to be winged targets. the local bluebirds thank me.

anything