Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Schawee And I Save The Day-3/16/11  (Read 2880 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Schawee And I Save The Day-3/16/11
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:10:19 pm »
Long story short, this hive was sprayed 1 month ago. Some bees flying some still winding up inside the home. There was barely a bee flying before we accessed the void space inside the roof of a Dormer window. This colony was struggling to survive but appeared to be losing the battle albeit some new queen cells, one which hatched out during the removal (the only queen we saw, that later died).

Entire colony had maybe 75 bees left.

Took a while to figure out where the colony was in fact located, but outside the Dormer you could smell rotting hive.

This was basically a clean up job but I thought I would bring the footage to you anyway, besides you get the chance to see Schawee and I bicker some.  :-D

...JP

Schawee And I Save TheDay
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
Re: Schawee And I Save The Day-3/16/11
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:16:01 pm »
besides you get the chance to see Schawee and I bicker some.  :-D

...JP

Schawee And I Save TheDay

Don't get me wrong, I like watching the removals both of you guys do, but the comic relief is the icing on the cake.

hey Schawee..when you gonna get you one of those Brittany Spears boom mikes that Jp is wearing ?  :-D

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:32:51 pm »
Tooo funny!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:04:11 pm »
Schawee, Got queen cell and queen again. JP you getting to old

:lau: :lau: :lau:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 06:46:42 pm »
Ask Ms Pat who got the queen?  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:55:26 pm »
Ya, you're good.    I need to go to the same eye doctor as Schawee, and you looking good with that diet also.   Great video.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 11:16:55 pm »
allen,i think j p is a lil jealous of the amount of weight i lost.[15lbs]he took me to the chinese buffet to try and make me break my diet.it didnt work.all i had was a salad. :-D    schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 11:36:56 pm »
Always sad to see a sprayed colony :'( It's good you got all the comb out for them though.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 01:11:04 am »
It was a long day, we worked all day without taking a lunch break. While driving back in Schawee said he was going to pass out he was so hungry, I was too.

I said Schawee, what you feel like havin'? He said it didn't matter, so I thought we'd try this new chinese place down the street, that's pretty good BTW.

Schawee said and I quote verbatim "Does it have a buffet?"

My response, no, but they give you a large portion and I promise you'll be full when we leave.

His exact words, "Oh no, I got to have a buffet!"

So we went on over to a chinese buffet where Schawee proceeded to have 5 plates to my 3, mine was 2 plus dessert.

Hey Schawee, what's this diet you're on again? Oh yeah, the seefood diet!  :lau:

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 03:01:59 am »
That looked sort of hard climbing so high up on that ladder and doing the work. So what happened to the remaining bees that were flying around??  Did you set up a nuc with the queen to lure them in??

I have to admit, I have a really big fear of my bees swarming and going into a structure on the property where I have them. My gosh, I will have to fly  Schawee and JP out here to remove them if it ever happens.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 11:33:37 pm »
annette,after we did the signoff the queen died. it wasn't that healthy.the queen in the cell was dead too.well that's what happens when the hive gets sprayed.its just sad things happen like that.    ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP