Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Does anyone do it ?  (Read 5077 times)

Offline sas_marine@hotmail.com

• House Bee
Does anyone do it ?
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:52:13 am »
hey aussies, i know this sounds like a question for top bar hives section, but i personally am very close to starting to build my own top bar hives, does anyone in aussie even use top bar hives, if so, i would like to talk to you for some information :P cheers

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: Does anyone do it ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 06:49:07 am »
       Sorry SAS I dont. Got enough to do now with 16 langstroths as it is . Especially as I have picked up 4 swarms in the last week, but dont let that stop you from telling your stories or asking the questions as so much is common to both forms.
        Good company here.
                                    Cheers
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline sas_marine@hotmail.com

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 02:46:31 am »
ah thats a shame, i really need ideas and a bit of advise, i think i should try and master this technique, i think it would be a good challange and a lot of fun, and besides, i can then sell my honey with pure wax for honey comb and up the prices abit more haha : P also, i have a really big cluster of bees out the front of one of my hives,, any ideas as to why they would be doing this, it wasnt really an unusually hot day, its was hot but not that hot, the rest of the hive still appears to be collecting well ?? whats the go ?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:05:30 am »
Sas_Marine, welcome to our forum.  When you have that spare moment(s) in time, why don't you go to the greetings forum and introduce yourself, we love new members and love to hear about you, you, you.  Have a most awesome and wonderful day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service