Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Bee Keeper here in Northern NY  (Read 2098 times)

Offline ADKBeekeeper

• New Bee
New Bee Keeper here in Northern NY
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:01:01 pm »
 I am a new bee keeper. I actually tried to start last year, but a bear decided that it needed the bees more than me. It knocked over both my hives, and when I found them the bees were all but gone. I started again with three hives this time. I put a six foot high electrified barbed wire fence around them and it seems to be working...My hives are located on a 23 acre hay field so there should be plenty of nectar and pollen for the ladies. I placed a box of bees in each hive on April 25, 2009 They seem to be doing great...

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: New Bee Keeper here in Northern NY
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:30:56 pm »
Hello and Welcome ADKBeekeeper

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
I hope the bears will leave you along!!!!!!

Johnny   

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:02:30 pm »
Welcome ADKBeekeeper
Bobby

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 01:04:43 am »
ADTBeekeeper, welcome to our forum, great that you have found us.  Sorry to hear of your loss of the colonies from the bear, wonderful that you did not give up hope and have protected the bees now.  It will be worth every bit of effort that you have done.  Stick around, this will be a place that is a learning tool, a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, and meet new friends.  We love new members.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, to love and live, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service