Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The beach where my bees go surfing.  (Read 4638 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
The beach where my bees go surfing.
« on: November 24, 2006, 04:36:30 am »
This is my beach. I sit on this sand dune and try to yake pics of lightning.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: The beach where my bees go surfing.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 07:16:27 am »
Nice picture! Is this beach near to your home?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:20:58 am »
Wow, I  love pictures of the sky and storm.  I can see a big storm brewing way off yonder, you are in summertime in Australia?  Did you end up getting any pictures of lightening, they are something to behold.  We went to Fiji about 6 years ago, it was in beginning of December, it was very hot and their summertime, it was so hot that at 6:00 A.M. no one could even go on the golf course, very strange to aclimatize to because we were in the throws of wintertime.  But Fiji is a wonderful place to visit.  I could never have imagined that people could ever be so friendly and be treated with such respect.  I loved snorkelling when we went on a little 3 day cruise there to islands, the water was so warm and blue.  There was many many people from Australia there at our hotel, is your climate similar to Fiji, do you know?  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 07:12:39 pm »
Yes its only 5 min from my place. There was a storm trying to happen. I havent managed to take any decent lightning pics in 4 years. Its hard as I cant travel and have to wait for the storms to come to me.

Fiji has a tropical climate, we are sub tropical here. Melbourne is famous for having four seasons in one day. Our climate is all over the place recently. The other week it was 0 degrees C on tuesday and 7 days later it was 40c. Thats like from 35f to 102f or something.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 07:22:06 pm »
wow, incredible, i guess it would be hard for one of us to adjust, darn...heh, only the thought you're in the middle of summer puzzles me :?, hehe

hey, what's that fence along the shore, i mean, it CAN'T be the Famous Dingo fence, lol

yeah, it's hard to catch a lightning, i tried once, maybe two times, gave up after 5 mins.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:06:27 am »
Good beach, nearly so good as my beach...
Have you ever seen a shark?
We have a shark´s recipe very interesting in Cadiz. ;)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 06:58:46 pm »
Nah its just a fence to protect whats left of the vegetation. Its only a bay beach, I would prefer a surf beach of course, but we cant have everyting.

I havent seen a shark in the bay, although Safety Beach just down the road was renamed from "Shark Bay" to get the tourists in LOL.

There is usually one or so spotted every week in summer. We have shark spotter aircraft etc. to look for them.  Mainly Bronze Whalers, Hammerheads. Great whites ususlly dont enter the bay, although whales do once or twice a year (that we see).

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 11:33:55 pm »
Good beach, nearly so good as my beach...
Have you ever seen a shark?
We have a shark´s recipe very interesting in Cadiz. ;)
Don't want to sound ignorant, and I am too lazy to look it up, but where is Cadiz?  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 01:03:41 am »
Cadiz is in front of Africa, the last town where you can find european civilization before jumping to Morocco from Spain. In the post "Atlas" at this photo area, you can see the African mountains (Atlas), from Europe.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=6376.0

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 01:16:35 am »
I do not have time tonight, I must go to bed, but I will examine your post in the morning. Now that we have power, we lost our power due to heavy unusual snow, but we are recouperated, until the next time.  Thanks. Great day.  Cindi

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 08:33:03 am »
TO EVERYONE:

Please keep the photos coming - It is what makes our forum extra special to have such a VAST INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCE and to see their homes, hives, landscapes, oceans, everything we get to see is an experience I can not put into words EXCEPT to say, I am so proud of you who take the time to share bits of your world with the rest of us through photos.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 09:45:25 am »
TO EVERYONE:

Please keep the photos coming - It is what makes our forum extra special to have such a VAST INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCE and to see their homes, hives, landscapes, oceans, everything we get to see is an experience I can not put into words EXCEPT to say, I am so proud of you who take the time to share bits of your world with the rest of us through photos.

I agree with John.  Not all of us are fortunate to be able to travel worldwide, many of us can.  But to see pictures of what the world looks like, the different types of hives, different species of bees, eveything can take us to your world in nothing short of a moment in time.  It is great, I love the pictures too, and I look at everyone's pictures, some I am still in wonder over, like John's pecan pie!!!  3 days to pecan pie at my daughters!! LOL. Great day.  Cindi  I will be sending many more pictures too, come on everyone, get those pics downloaded and share your life worldwide to people who would love to see them!!!!

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 11:41:18 pm »
I love seeing the beach, so beautiful. This is a really great place to see all of you other bee people. I find it really interesting to read about all of the adventures and see the photos. It makes this big world seem small for a few moments and that there can be a common thread found between people.

O.k., enough of the deep thoughts. I just like the fact that I have found other folks interested in bees!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 12:31:39 am »
oranicgirl37, I like to read your posts, they are interesting and I like your style of writing, you write so that it makes one want to read further.  Keep it up, nice to have you here.  Regards. Great day. Cindi

anything