Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Good story in our local paper, the place raided is pretty close to me  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Good story in our local paper, the place raided is pretty close to me
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:32:55 am »
Thank's for the post. I didn't know that the united states imported that much honey.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:48:40 pm »
Its a shame on our part that we can't stop ALL of this by DEMANDING inspections and high tariffs for ALL imported foods.  Its not like we're using it to build cars - ITS OUR FOOD for gosh sakes!!

Offline Big John

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:02:27 pm »
Another reason not to buy anything that is not made or grown in the U.S.A.
"Semper Fi"

Offline reeegs22

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:21:08 pm »
All the more reason that knowing where you food comes from is increasingly more important to our health and safety.  The movement for growing and eating locally grown food needs to be larger.  Thanks for the article it was very eye opening.
:-) Mary

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 11:02:13 am »
Its a shame on our part that we can't stop ALL of this by DEMANDING inspections and high tariffs for ALL imported foods

probably wouldn't work to well.  countries would retaliate by slapping high terrifs on our exports.

truth is, most  people don't think about where food comes from.  they think it magically appears in safeway!  as long as it doesn't cost to much, they are happy. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 01:18:12 pm »
Its a shame on our part that we can't stop ALL of this by DEMANDING inspections and high tariffs for ALL imported foods

probably wouldn't work to well.  countries would retaliate by slapping high terrifs on our exports.

truth is, most  people don't think about where food comes from.  they think it magically appears in safeway!  as long as it doesn't cost to much, they are happy. 

agreed.

High tariffs seemed/may have caused/contributed to this event. These companies wanted to increase prifits by cheating because the tariffs were in their opinions excessive.
I ponder if the high tariffs were the result of health conscerns or political conscerns,.

Thats why you should know your honey producer personnaly. I will be sending this link to my customers i think. they should know, yet another reason, to buy from me or you!
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

anything