Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What do you use against Small Hive Beetles?  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
What do you use against Small Hive Beetles?
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:28:07 pm »
I have a HUGE SHB problem.  There are always tons of them in the hive and if I don't keep the hive strong they just take over the place.  I've heard of using Formic acid, talcum powder, apistan®, Check Mite +® and numerous other things.  I'm just wondering, what in your opinion works best.  Thanks.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
What do you use against Small Hive Beetles?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:57:56 am »
I have heard some people that use sucrocide for mites finding alot of dead SHB in the bottom of there hives but I haven't tried it for myself, here's a treatment that works but some might not want to put it in their hives but if it saves the hive then youy choose.

http://www.beemaster.com/beebbs/viewtopic.php?t=1974
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
Re: What do you use against Small Hive Beetles?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 07:21:56 am »
Quote from: Apis629
I have a HUGE SHB problem.  There are always tons of them in the hive and if I don't keep the hive strong they just take over the place.  I've heard of using Formic acid, talcum powder, apistan®, Check Mite +® and numerous other things.  I'm just wondering, what in your opinion works best.  Thanks.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                In my opinion, vinegar vapor

anything