Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Burlap material  (Read 18603 times)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: Burlap material
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 11:31:07 pm »
tote sack could have been a pillow case i duno    :lol: 8-)                                                                              http://www.lyricsdownload.com/tony-joe-white-polk-salad-annie-lyrics.html      RDY-B

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 11:35:56 pm »
Jerry, ha, ha, laughing and laughing.  Well, I never!!!  I love that song, it has probably been one of oldest and favourite songs EVER done.  The strangest and weirdest part, I never knew what the lyrics were saying, go figure that -- I did know the gator got her granny

POKE SALAD ANNIE!!!!  I still can't get over that I never knew what they were saying.

I always thought too, that it was someone else that sang that song, like CCR or something strange like that.  Where on earth do I live?  Hmmmm...maybe on Mars.  Have a beautiful and wonderful day.  Cindi

I bookmarked that page, so I can listen to Poke Salad Annie any time that I want, hee, hee, you made my day!!!!!
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 11:39:31 pm »
RDY-B.  Good site, and wow, how nice to really know how the lyrics to that song went  :shock:  Have an awesome day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 11:48:55 pm »
Elvis Presley also sang it...

OH! My bad. So in the song it is a tote sack. This burlap bag has got a lot of aliases.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 11:54:22 pm »
Elvis Presley also sang it...

OH! My bad. So in the song it is a tote sack. This burlap bag has got a lot of aliases.

Actually a Tote sack is not burlap, it is a cotton bag with a draw string.  Used to use one for holding my laundry when in the Army.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 12:04:21 am »
Ok. So I'm wrong

:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 09:30:39 am »
Jerry, ha, ha, laughing and laughing.  Well, I never!!!  I love that song, it has probably been one of oldest and favourite songs EVER done.  The strangest and weirdest part, I never knew what the lyrics were saying, go figure that -- I did know the gator got her granny

POKE SALAD ANNIE!!!!  I still can't get over that I never knew what they were saying.

I always thought too, that it was someone else that sang that song, like CCR or something strange like that.  Where on earth do I live?  Hmmmm...maybe on Mars.  Have a beautiful and wonderful day.  Cindi

I bookmarked that page, so I can listen to Poke Salad Annie any time that I want, hee, hee, you made my day!!!!!
Misunderstood lyrics are pretty funny - have you ever been to The Archive of Misheard Lyrics (be sure to read the URL of the webpage, it's pretty funny)?  I laugh when I think of the words I used to use on some songe because I just couldn't figure out what they were actually saying, here's a website devoted to the subject!  :lol:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 10:38:52 am »
Ann, now you got me laughing my head off.  This is the most wonderful thing, this forum, if it just plain and simply doesn't start one's day off with a bang and a laugh, or two or many, I don't know what else does (other than my Daughter's pittbulls that both come over in the early morning for their Gramma fix), the front door opens up, after they push it open with their noses, they see me sitting on the couch with my laptop and then they do something funnneeeee to catch my attention, or both just climb up on the couch beside me, tuck their heads between their front paws, all huddled up, keeping warm, and loving life.  EEEKs.....I am so off trackin' and always ramblin'.

Right....where was I?  Yep, uh huh!!!  About the lyrics to songs that are so often mistaken for weird stuff.  There is a song (I know now what the lyrics are), it is about "I was a work shop owner".  Well, I have no clue what I thought the words were, but  I also loved this song and I thought the guy sang the most funniest of words that made no sense.  But now that I know he was a "work shop owner", it is understood.  I still can't figure out the rest of the words though, guess I should get off my lazy butt and google it, but then that would be too much work, I hve better things to do, like read some more posts on our forum, hee, hee.  Have a fantastic day.  Cindi

anything