Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Whoop there it is!  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Bee Boy

• House Bee
Whoop there it is!
« on: July 29, 2005, 11:48:02 pm »
I'm having a good year! I have seven shallows full of honey and i just four deeps out the last few days. So if we have a good golden rod flow i'll have close to four hundred pounds of honey!! And this is on first year hives!! How is everybody else doing this year so far??

Bee Boy
Bee Boy

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
    • http://www.mcglothlinmusic.com
Whoop there it is!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 08:28:49 am »
Well I have two shallows just about ready to go. They are full, but not quite capped.  I did pull two deep frames that were solid capped honey and extracted them.  I ended up with 4 quarts out of two frames.

I only have one hive.

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
Whoop there it is!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 09:55:45 am »
The bees did pretty well here in suburbia.  Have extracted 12 deeps, with at least 3 more to pull.  A resort lodge pastry chef and the dinner chef are considering taking it all, and I have my eyeballs on a new extractor.   Course, if I could get them to put it in jars for me like Jerrymac's bees, I wouldn't need one!!  bahahahahahahah

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Whoop there it is!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 10:54:24 am »
first year and I got 42 quarts (10.5 gallons= 126 pounds) ( if my figuring is right) and still have 1 medium to extract but this is from 3 hives I started from packages and from a removal hive, would be nice to see what I can get if I would have been able to put supers on at the beginning of the flow , but because of packages they weren't ready until the last 2 weeks of the flow, oh and my supers were drawn already before i installed them. it helped
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
Whoop there it is!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 11:22:24 am »
Hive one are first year bees.  They didn't have any drawn comb to start with.  There's probably not going to be a harvest from that hive this year.  Hive two is an established feral hive that I bought from someone.  I may get something from them if we get another good flow.  All in all though, this was a good year for comb building and learning.  I consider that a sucessful year regardless of what I get from them this year.   :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
Whoop there it is!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 11:26:50 am »
My hive produced 75 pounds so far this year, from 2 new starts and 2 splits (with the fiasco THAT was).  There's a decent fall flow around here, too, yet to come.

I noticed that the honey I took from my slow hive last week was considerable lighter in color than the stuff I took from the hive right next to it at the end of June.  I always thought spring honey was lighter than summer honey.

-- Kris