Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The broken clock  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
The broken clock
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:56:45 pm »
Every channel morning show had someone blathering about this Climate Change Industy.  In my life time I have watched these idiots go from blathering about spreading coal dust on ice sheets to how we are going to all cook to how we will have extreme weather of all kinds all over. 

All I know is that I have a dozen queens in a box in the kitchen and it is ten oclock in the morning and 32 degrees F outside!  Hard for the blundering wonder to call that global warming I guess but I can't think of a thing he has been right on anyway.

Offline Spear

• House Bee
Re: The broken clock
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 05:12:55 pm »
Climate change is that places that were hot are now getting colder and places that were cold are now getting warmer. Though out the history of the earth the climate has changed many times naturally but now with all the industry etc this process is being sped up...

Offline rookie2531

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:48:45 pm »
I don't know how many times it has changed, if any, I have only been here a little while and it has been cold in the winter and hot in the summer my whole life.  :-D

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:43:06 pm »
Definitely another talking points memo out to distract from whats going on that should be getting coverage.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »
..with age;

Hot gets hotter,

Cold gets colder,

and heavy gets heavier.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 10:03:02 pm »
There is also another big change that some of the older one's will not admit and the younger one's are not aware of. How we treat our bodies has a lot to do with how all of the above affect us. d2

Offline Switchback

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 06:49:44 am »
I have noticed that the gravity is increasing along with the global warming. It is a lot harder to get up off the floor.
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." J. C. Watts

Offline ForrrestB

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 07:13:52 am »
Record temperatures are always broken, have been since I have memory.

However, measured over the entire 20th C, high termperatures records were broken as often as low temperature records.  Over the past ten years however, high temperature records have been broken at TWICE the rate as low termperature records.  That is from NCAR. 

I know several people who work at NCAR in Boulder, Co., one is one of my closest friends, and she is about as honest and selfless a person as I know.  And frankly, she is scared s**tless.  I know it is an unpopular view right now, but I am not inclined to just write her and the rest of them off as liars and hoaxsters. 

Offline chux

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:03:26 am »
Have you noticed that the green and eco movement has a whole lot in common with religion. Maybe it is a religion, now.

There are sincere believers in man-caused global climate change. They should not be changing laws to force the rest of us to follow their beliefs, anymore than they think Christians or Muslims or Hindus...should force them to follow our particular religious beliefs.

Is it possible that scientists could be wrong??? There are many examples of errors made by the scientific community over generations. When the error is discovered, the new info is put out and the misinformation is swept under the rug. It seems like we always think we have "arrived," and that whatever we think at the moment must be right. Years later we discover how ignorant we were. 

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 10:26:52 am »
chux, you mean like when the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it, right?  i think it would be an incredibly elaborate hoax that would involve hundreds of thousands of people conspiring together and keeping the lid on it. 
overall, the planet is warming up.

Offline ch.cool

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 01:22:55 pm »
So, there are 7 billion people on this planet and most of them burning fossil fuel more or less. There is no way that humans do change anything. All this scientists are such ...

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:53 pm »
So, there are 7 billion people on this planet and most of them burning fossil fuel more or less. There is no way that humans do change anything. All this scientists are such ...

just exhaling that much co2 while we chop down the rain forests has to make some kind of difference.  i'm not really a big climate change/global warming advocate but i can't deny that something is happening and that we play some role in it.  

Offline Chanticleer48

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 03:39:39 pm »
Man created science to explain nature.
Man is flawed.
Thus science is flawed.

I believe it is arrogant of humans to think we can alter the climate....you know in the scheme of things humans have only been around for a very short time period.  How did the earth survive before us?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 09:43:26 pm »
I think the climate changed drastically from the last ice age for man to have spread around the planet. Did man warm it once before or did nature do it on it's own?
And it seems ole mother earth was quite warm before the ice age. Darn those nasty neanderthals. If only they would not have discovered the benefits of fire.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »
In North Dakota very recently a farmer found the soil in his field was at 37F  four inches deep and still below freezing deeper.  He can't seed til the ground warms up.  The report was this is widespread.  Leif Erickson planted barley and pastured cattle where there is still an ice sheet in Greenland.  There is a museum in Norway that collects and displays Roman era artifacts like wool shirts, bows, arrows, worn out shoes and the like that are melting out of the ice and are being found on top of receding glaciers.   These are carbon dated to the early AD timeframe.   How did they get there?  For that matter, no one will tell me how OTSIE got under the glacier in the Alps?  Seems this cold thing comes and goes. 

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 10:50:53 pm »
yes, it comes and goes over thousands of years but we've seen drastic changes over a few decades. 
so, you guys think that removing thousands and thousands of square miles of rain forest doesn't have any effect on the co2 levels in the atmosphere?  i've said for years that it might be part of a natural cycle but i absolutely believe that we have played some part in it this time around. 

Offline Switchback

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 11:28:16 pm »
Try reading this book.
Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years, Updated and Expanded Edition Paperback
by S. Fred Singer (Author), Dennis T. Avery (Author)
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." J. C. Watts

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 12:44:30 am »
read a synapsis.  i'm not arguing that this isn't part of a natural cycle but i believe we are a part of what's driving it.  in the past i'm sure heavy volcanic activity, massive forest fires, etc. were driving up the co2 and adding fuel to a fire that already existed. this time around we are at least a small part of what's feeding it.

Offline Chanticleer48

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 08:46:26 am »
Perhaps the Earth is using man to create the next environment for the next age.....who knows.  All I know is that it is hotter than three hells in SW Georgia starting in June and lasts til Thanksgiving.

Offline chux

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 09:22:28 am »
chux, you mean like when the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it, right?  i think it would be an incredibly elaborate hoax that would involve hundreds of thousands of people conspiring together and keeping the lid on it. 
overall, the planet is warming up.

10framer, The whole "flat-earth" thing was widely accepted by many, even among scientists. There were also many people who believed the earth was round. Point is, folks believed something was fact, and it turned out not to be the case. Even if a whole lot of folks believed it, it was still wrong.