Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bee friendly plants  (Read 7720 times)

Offline Ruben

• House Bee
bee friendly plants
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 08:14:14 pm »
I was just trying to imagine what kind of mood my wife would be in if she had to make 500 trips to Walmart  per day to be able to fix dinner every night. :lol:

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
bee friendly plants
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 08:44:08 pm »
Quote from: TwT
before someone can average the trips to the flower per teaspoon of honey, wouldn't it depend on the nectar source first? I have not seen it but have heard on a strong flow that a hive can fill 3 honey supers in a week!!!,

This volume of honey comes easily from canola field when hives are beside the field.  
* The flying distance of one mile halves the yield.
* Average sugar content of nectar is something 30% ?
* Prosessing nectar in the hive consumes 30% from nectar
* 30% foraging bees have a afternoon sleep and they stay afternoon on the shadow wall of hive.

Question: How many spoon bees gathered from flowers and how much they got under wax cap?

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
bee friendly plants
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 12:00:30 am »
Sorry to cause you such angst jerrymac.  I wasn't offering a theory, rather trying to make a point.  That landscaping in a small area probably doesn't impact a colony of bees as much as people would like to believe.  However, if you want to come over, mark a few bees... and measure the trip time.. I'm sure I can validate the 1.2 beer theory.   I'm such a generous guy... I'll spring for the beer too!!    bahahahahahahahahahh

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
bee friendly plants
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 02:42:28 am »
Quote from: Ruben
I was just trying to imagine what kind of mood my wife would be in if she had to make 500 trips to Walmart  per day to be able to fix dinner every night. :lol:

The mood would be tolerable, after all it would form a part of matrimonial duties. :D

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
bee friendly plants
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 05:05:10 am »
Quote from: Ruben

I suppose that she would soon make a proposal to move next nabour of store (or what is Walmart) or she could get richer husband which have  own store.  You know logistics :P

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
bee friendly plants
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 08:45:05 pm »
Quote from: thegolfpsycho
I'm sure I can validate the 1.2 beer theory.   I'm such a generous guy... I'll spring for the beer too!!    bahahahahahahahahahh

if I get a snow plow, I might take you up on that one golfy bro!!!!  bahahahaha :roll:  :wink:
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic