Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Stoeger  (Read 3851 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Stoeger
« on: November 26, 2009, 05:17:52 am »
Anyone own a stoeger shotgun. My daughter wants to start shooting clays. I know you get what you pay for but, I can't see shelling out $1000 or plus for a first gun for her to try the sport. I have read they have had some firing pin issues.

Any comments?
John 3:16

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: Stoeger
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 12:40:28 pm »
Never heard of it. I am a Remington fan and have only bought 1 Winchester, dont like it at all. Ive heard Beretta/ Benelli are the best, looking at 1000 +.

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:39:58 pm »
Trust me, you don't want a Stoeger.  Yes, you definitely get what you pay for, and they seem to have a lot of problems.  I don't want to say where I work, but I know a lot of them get sent back for repairs.  Remingtons are okay, but I LOVE my Winchesters.  Haven't played with anything else, so I can't give you any input other than that.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 11:10:45 pm »
A Mossberg 500 can be obtained for under $300.00 new, I paid $259.00 for mine with a 2nd barrel.  Nice pump, will shot anything 3 inches or less, and parts abound.  Readily available in either 12 or 20 gauage.

It can be used for anything you want to hunt from squirrels to deer at 50 yards with buckshot or slugs.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything