Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SG Atlantis  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
SG Atlantis
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:58:36 am »
another show i like cancelled.  i read through reasons given.  among them; not enough live viewers.  i dvr everything.  many,  like beemaster, watch shows online.  i think they need a new way to decide popularity of shows.

to be fair, they intend to continue the story with movies as they did with SG1.  there may also be another spin-off.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: SG Atlantis
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:47:35 am »
Aren't the live viewers the only ones that are seeing the commercials which pay for the show?
Rick

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:52:43 am »
yes :-)  there are some commercials online.  not many.  usually one or two sponsors.

even so, if this is the way people are going to view, and the networks are going to enable this behavior, they need a better way to determine the popularity of shows.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 12:34:58 am »
I'm gonna watch this in FULL SCI-FI Online or Jump in sometime - I know it is good, everyone who watches talks high of it, I need to eventually catch it.

I just finished watching Sanctuary and really good tonight, about a young savant who drawls a dot matrix style, 3d and high def drawling of things he remembers in EXTREME detail. Cool thing was he could do a sketch pad sized image in just a single minute. Neat show, clever plots.

Gonna miss MONK, here it is cancelled too. Not sure about this SPECIAL of Monk and Physic coming up - wonder if it is Monks last?

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 12:04:13 pm »
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/

FINAL SEASON OF MONK DEBUTS SUMMER 2009

Debuting Summer 2009, Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG award winner Tony Shalhoub returns as the obsessive-compulsive detective Adrian Monk in the 8th and final season of the hit comedy series Monk. With 16 brand-new laugh-inducing episodes, the final season promises to be a memorable one for all Monk fans. So tune in to USA Network this summer and watch one of the most successful series in basic cable history give its final fairwell.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 03:46:29 pm »
Jerry:

You just made my wife smile :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.