Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: they are killing Jericho again :-(  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
they are killing Jericho again :-(
« on: March 23, 2008, 08:45:34 pm »
just saw it today.  they say there are not enough viewers on TV even though they have a big internet following as well as those who watch the tube.  what a bummer.  it's one of the few show i really like!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: they are killing Jericho again :-(
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:01:39 am »
It is amazing.... All the people who wrote begging for another season and then they don't show up to watch? I really am enjoying this season, I wonder though, how long can Jake and Hawkings chase around with and without the bomb, juggle the armed forces and old neighboring enimies?

The occupying forces leader is a nice guy in a tough job, we've all met people like this and can relate - I almost hated D.B. Sweenys finish on the show, I liked to hate him, but revenge was both sweet and inevitable for him.

Here's to the last few episodes, may they at least tie up the end with out killing us with another gangbang cliff-hanger!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 01:20:41 am »
Probably because it took them so long to get the show back on the air. This Tuesday is the last show of the season.... an eight week season. And it seemed to me like they did squeeze a lot into this short season. One whole season into eight episodes.

Perhaps the bomb will go off in Cheyenne wiping out all the key players and end the show  :'(
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 01:18:14 pm »
Jerry:

Just checked CBS's site - last week was show 6, so we do have 2 more episodes to go, not much of a relief, but a reprieve for another week at best.

I think that they may have expected this to be the end too! The Summer reruns ratings was poorer than hoped for CBS and the eight show season MIGHT have a finale' in the works.

The one that really bugged me (as much as Jericho was Surface) the boy and is ever growing genetically engineered water dinosaur - that was a great cliff-hanger, all four characters meeting in a evacuated town, unning to the highest point in a church and seeing a tsunami flood that left the city mostly under water and swimming with these dinosaurs for as far as the eye could see. I was shocked it didn't come back, I really wanted a second season but NOOOOOOOOOOO - ugh!

I guess if Hawkins can get the truth out about where the bomb came from, how it was a government cover up and a blunder/abuse and distruction of the US, then we'll all be a bit happier as the show fades away.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 03:08:06 pm »
If you were going by what I said, I was just guessing eight episodes. But I do know this coming Tuesday is the finale.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN2430060520080324

The network will air the season finale on Tuesday, one of two that was shot in the event either of a renewal or cancellation.

So two ending were shot. For the final I guess something big will happen.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 03:22:48 pm »
i am pretty disgusted with the networks.  they put crap on season after season, but when a good show sneaks in, they kill it.  no point in getting involved in any new show.  you know it's going to get dumped.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 03:31:53 pm »
I'm not real sure how that Nielsen ratings thing works. I'm guessing it is a machine that records what people with the machine watch. So perhaps the 100,000,000 viewers that watch Jericho don't have the machine. I guess we all just have to contact them and get the darned machine. Of course with four TVs and they are always on different channels, it might blow a fuse around here. Plus a couple of folks here oscillate between channels during commercials.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 03:53:42 pm »
also wonder if it counts when you record it and watch it later.  i just can't stay up that late!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 09:54:18 am »
UPDATE (((( POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT )))) on latest show of Jericho.  We all new Beck was a good man with a nasty job, to see him be swayed as deeply as he was by Hawkin's (way too easily accessable) notebook PC Docs and the way his men followed in his footsteps, opened the show to so many new possiblities. I can't image Hawkin's computer NOT being encrypted or massively password protected - or maybe I'm just assuming that before it was packed away, someone from Jennings and Rals hadn't cracked it open already (who knows).

But the other thing I laughed at was how Jake and Hawkins was able to exit "The back way" out of the embassy of Texas - I've seen many Embassies on travels to Washington, DC and other places and I really don't remember there being "back-doors" out of the place as was needed for them and the bomb to make it to the airport.

So now we have another Civil War Brewing, Jericho and neighboring towns, along with defected army members ready to take on Chyenne government - it sounds a bit implausable, but it sure makes for good TV - sure does turn your stomach (yet again) at the stupidity of CBS, who obviously doesn't know a real winner when they get one. I guess 2 seasons of Big Brother a year (to fill in for the writers strike) is plenty compensation to them rather than promote a show that is every bit as cliff-hanging as 24 or Heroes.

Now.... NBC is moving Monk and Psych from USA to NBS (as CBS did with Dexter) if all they plan to do is show repeats from their cable affiliates (reruns of recent monks, etc.) we are in for the crappiest midseason line up ever. And that comes from a Monk fan. I honestly think all my TV watching is going to be on cable stations, and let broadcast channels rot where they stand - except for their Internet feeds of course  :roll:

I

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 11:11:23 am »
i'm glad i have netflix.  the best thing on last night was the Top Model show.  even my husband couldn't make it through the whole show.  talk about dumbing down TV!  ....not that he's dumb :-).  he just appreciates a nice body.

now that everyone has these nice, big, tv's, they may find that movies at night are better than crappy programing from the networks.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 02:55:35 pm »
I guess you were in bed by time Jericho came on - hope you didn't read my spoiler post above? It was a great show though, serious action packed episode.

I'm gonna miss it, I'm just hoping that the cliff-hanger answers more questions than it provokes. This was a whopper of a season (I think) it's gonna be a kick in the head when they rotate these two seasons into syndication, as they do with so many shows today. It is rebroadcasted on Sci-Fi each week, which is cool, but to actually rotate them weekly and beat them to death, that technique is getting old!

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 08:44:25 pm »
  Not surprising. When Gerald Mcraney was killed off it told me the show was going to end up anti US government.
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 10:29:07 pm »
This is the reason I do not watch Tv at all. We only rent movies.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 11:56:10 am »
You do realize seasons are not what they use to be? Just this week, and perhaps last week, there are new episodes coming on. All the CSIs. Ghost whisperer tonight and Numbers I believe. FOX had a new New Amsterdam show I believe.

It's like there are now several seasons with in a year. Use to be you would watch the new shows through the fall and winter, reruns spring and summer. But now with all these different networks and channels they all have a different starting time for their seasons. Several different seasons. And a lot  of them don't show reruns. And then some channels show the programs over and over and over and.... Then sometimes you got a marathon of the program.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 11:58:51 am »
This multi-season show seemed to start with 24s breaking the 16 week max episode, soon followed by a split season by Heroes. Now, we don't even know when either of these great shows are coming back (although I aven't pounded the pavement at their websites).

So now we had 2 Big Brother seasons this year - a first, many many new game shows in prime time, more house fixit shows, anything to fill the void that is cheap to make.

I'm tired of waitng for the striked writers just now coming up with show ideas, stretching out their downtime to about a year. You would think a true show writer would have used all that down time to stockpile ideas for episodes - obviously they didn not.

Also tired of all the CSIs and Law and Orders, 3 and 4 nights a week of the same shows, with slightly different themes for yeaars now. Just waiting for CSI Hoboken to come out - they are running out of ideas, so the just hire a new cast, change the location and rehas old themes hoping we don't see the remakes of shows aired years earlier.

I've never watched LOST, Desperate Housewifes or much of ABC programing, no reason why except that they seem to be uninteresting to me. I won't turn to them now just to fill a void, as Annette said (I think) I watch movies and love it.

Last thought on Jericho, I think they ended the story wiith a good finale' 'getting the bomb to the independent Texas obviously was brilliant in that we know Texas will use it's knowledge and protect it while tearing down the real Jennings and Rals to the other states. I don't see another Civil War, not when the info is exposed, I doubt there would be a war, but more of a lynching  - the only fighting would be defensive by J&R who is armed well - but centrally located in Chyenne - sadly the mistake we made in Pearl Harbor. All in all, I could see a worse series finale' - of course the shame is we won't be there to see it.