Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: PETA  (Read 11665 times)

Offline jason58104

• House Bee
PETA
« on: June 28, 2009, 04:16:46 pm »
I just got off the phone with someone claiming to "be with PETA".  They got my name from an interview I did recently with a local paper.  She informed me that I was enslaving the honey bee!  I told her as politly as possible to go pound sand.  Has anyone else had to deal with these frootloops?

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
Re: PETA
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 04:28:38 pm »
Wow! Might have been nice if she had done a little research first!
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 04:43:31 pm »
She's just mad at you because you're human. I'm sure there's a million other things she nor peta like about you or the human race. They are a cult.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 04:44:41 pm »
PETA has been saying this stuff for a while now. I've come across their "statement" about keeping bees enslaved a few times on the internet while researching honeybee info.
Its really reaching for it when they start up with hobby beekeepers.
Bees don't get kept if they don't want to. They are free to leave anytime they want, as we are all painfully aware of.
Thats what I would have told her as well, hey I keep a hive for them if they want to leave they are free to at any point, just as the birds do in the bird houses that are up.
So I take a little honey for the rent, so what?
I also give them a place to survive the winters, a source for water, I plant lots of bee flowers and if there is no natural food source for them I will feed them so they will not starve.
Its a mutual agreement.

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 05:05:24 pm »
PETA, ya ethical treatment my ,,,  The peta group have uthenized more animals than any other animal RIGHTS group. they have the lowest placement rate, and the highest killing rate. Even the SPCA adopts out more animals than Peta, and they are not the best adoption agency. They also euthinize the animals, but its way lower than any body else.
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 05:06:05 pm »
You should have told them to attend the field day Natalie went to, the fella with the powdered sugar would have shown her they are not enslaved :-D :-D :lau:

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 05:18:48 pm »
G3farms, that's hilarious!!  PETA would get a lot farther if they even got near the spectrum called reasonability and logic. And, yes, I agree that they end up killing a LOT of animals and causing other animals a LOT of problems. Duh.
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline jason58104

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 05:36:30 pm »
in Iowa Peta means people eating tasty animals

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 05:39:17 pm »
 :-D G3 you are too funny!!
Thats an idea though, it would be awesome to take PETA on a tour through a beeyard and lets see who keeps who. I always feel like bees are actually people keepers.

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 05:42:00 pm »
Hey--Here too :)

I'm all for respecting animals. It's the reason I've got pastured chickens and turkeys rather than buying both from the store. I have bees now to try to give them a boost and will be creating an acre of purely bee habitat. Etc., etc.

I think PETA needs to spend a bit more time and $ researching what they are fighting so they come up with somewhat intelligent arguments. "Enslaving bees?" Yikes!
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 08:06:05 pm »
Sort of off the subject, but there is a point behind it all. I used to take rabbits to 'Rabbit Days' at the big chain feedstore so that anyone who bought rabbits for Easter pets would know how to take care of them. (I met some really good people with strange ideas about how to take care of rabbits!)

PETA showed up in full dress; one was like a pig and the other one was like a cow with udder....a man in costume to boot!  :roll: They were running people away from talking to me which hurt the animals in the long run.

I found out that before they came after me at the feed store, they had stopped and got 9 puppies for FREE.....took them to the local park and turned them loose....the puppies, being puppies, went right into traffic and all but one was ran over and killed in traffic....but that was OK with PETA, as it was the choice of the puppies to go where they wanted...even if it killed them. :-x

I left to get something to eat and one of the fast food joints and a car followed me....when I came out with a sack of good to go....there was some jerk trying to dump out my rabbits that I had with me.....I BLEW UP!  :-D

It would not surprise me if they were some of the folks who go around and knock over the hives so the bees can get away from being slaves....

Brenda

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 08:59:25 pm »
it's easy to make PETA go away

start quoting the bible  :-D

Genesis 1:26-28 (King James Version)

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

they turn inside out and melt into gooey puddles.....

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline oldenglish

• House Bee
    • Colonial Honey Farm
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:39 pm »
I have not had a problem with them yet, however if they ever did come around my place I would be happy to introduce them th "Mr Buckshot"

I guess a couple of years back they were hitting the dog shows, putting anti freeze in the water bowls of dogs in the show cages, there position was "better dead than in a cage"

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 10:09:03 pm »
PETA, ya ethical treatment my ,,,  The peta group have uthenized more animals than any other animal RIGHTS group. they have the lowest placement rate, and the highest killing rate. Even the SPCA adopts out more animals than Peta, and they are not the best adoption agency. They also euthinize the animals, but its way lower than any body else.
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

great article.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline BoBn

• House Bee
    • h
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 10:20:18 pm »
I guess that I am enslaving honey bees too.  I have an electric fence around my hives.  :-D
"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites."
--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Buz Green

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 11:03:00 pm »

If people weren't supposed to eat animals, they wouldn't be made of meat.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said I meant but what you heard is not what I said.

www.greenbeecompany.com

Offline Wynoochee_newbee_guy

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 11:47:05 pm »
Some one once said libralism is a mental disorder and the people from peta are as libral as the come. and look how nuts they are.
Its All Fun And Games Till I lose an EYE!

Offline Rodni73

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 12:00:38 am »
taylor ham + egg + cheese on an onion hand rolled Jersey bagel fresh out of the oven with a glass of milk sweetned with honey! PETA THIS... LOL.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 12:09:30 am »
Sometimes I think when people join an organization like that its more about having something to belong to that makes them feel important or like they are doing something important.
They also routinely break the law with the things they do which probably attracts the type of people that feel they are above the law to begin with or fulfills some sort of need and it gives them an outlet.
They are out of touch with reality, honeybee slavery being a prime example.
I agree with what JP says about it being cultish.

Brenda, your story is exactly the behavior I am referring to.
They know no boundries, have no respect, break the law and are getting away with it.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 12:21:24 am »
Nothing a good dose of rock salt and a 12 gauge wouldn't cure. And all the evidence melts over a few hours time.   :evil:    :-D   :-D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*