Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: ok i really think my queen is failing  (Read 1417 times)

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
ok i really think my queen is failing
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:29:40 pm »
I JUST CHECKED MY BEES AGAIN, THEY ARE EATING THE SYRUP AND THE POLLEN PATTY ( sorry caaps) but i see very little brood,very little honey and my bees are getting more and more aggressive. should i just let nature take its course, and have them kill the queen and get a new one?

i am just not sure what i should do, have the queen "wacked" and get a new one or what?

maybe i need to call tony soprano

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: ok i really think my queen is failing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:32:57 pm »
Give them some time.  They grow slow.  They have to have so many nurse bees for the young and so much food coming in.   Just keep feeding them.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:49:12 pm »
how many bees are in there.  how old is the hive.  you probably posted this before but this is a new thread so refresh our memory.

how often are you getting into that hive?  if you have a queen and a good pattern (even if small) leave them alone for a week or so and then check again.  constant checking sets them back.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »
ok i will let them bee LOL i am checking to often i bet because i am concerned about the peirco frames

i WIll be more patient

Mr Soprano i wont need you right now

anything