Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First removal off the season  (Read 1910 times)

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
First removal off the season
« on: April 25, 2009, 05:50:03 pm »
Went and did my first removal of the season today. I took about 3lbs of bee out of a water meter , bee's where not too aggressive but will be keeping an eye on them over the next day or too. Used my bee vac based on Robo's World design it worked a treat. Very very pleased with it, i even got the queen Took out 3 frames of brood and comb , never seen so many bee's in such a small area of space almost thought i might need a second deep box.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: First removal off the season
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 08:49:28 pm »
Congratulations for your first removal , Steveouk

Johnny

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 07:55:24 pm »
They were in a water meter in the ground?  Never heard of that.

Glad you got them out.

I'm going to have to make one of those bee vacs, I have a big cut-out coming up and can't find anybody to help me.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:53:50 am »
Steve, way to go, accomplishments make this day go around, that was great....beautiful day, love, love and share it, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything