Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: PROMPT BEE REMOVAL, WEATHERFORD TX. NOW PLEASE  (Read 10205 times)

Offline Ross

• Field Bee
    • http://www.myoldtools.com
PROMPT BEE REMOVAL, WEATHERFORD TX. NOW PLEASE
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 05:16:26 pm »
Sorry, but a number of folks have been fined.  It all depends on a licensed exterminator getting angry at losing business.
www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain

Offline CraigW

• House Bee
  • Thunder Rolls
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 05:47:04 pm »
I hope you were not a defendant of one of these suits. I think exterminators and us bee keepers should be able to work together on this. Bee keepers should work hard to keep bee alive, as we do and exterminators should utilize them through their businesses. :) .

State already know how important bee are to the economy of farming
so I think laws should be changed fairly easily if people, like you said write their representatives.

I have written mine already and hope all bee keepers in Texas and any other state that have the same laws do the same.

Mean while I will continue to go anywhere I am called to collect a swarm, with in my living area.
Have a nice Day.  :D

Craig

Craig
Have a great Day and Thanks!

Offline Ross

• Field Bee
    • http://www.myoldtools.com
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 10:21:42 pm »
Several beekeepers that posted removal services on the internet have already been contacted by the State Entomologist because they were reported by an exterminator.  No problem if they haven't accepted money or done an invasive extraction in a residence, etc.
www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain

Offline Jack Parr

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 09:06:42 am »
Quote from: BB Bottom Board
I think there is enough of the public and private sector that call on bee keepers to remove swarms, that if a big issue was ever made of it the bee keepers would triumph.

The only thing a Judge would do is tell the bee keeper not to do it again.
Plus a bee keeper could have the occupants leave, thus the structure is not "occupied."

Craig

I don't think you know what THE JUDGE will say.  There is probably some concern about inexperienced people fooling around with a colony of AHB's??? since they are plentiful in your state. I dunno, but that would probably be a logical precaution.

So far we do not have any restrictions in LA, but that may change soon. The AHB's are moving Eastward.

Offline CraigW

• House Bee
  • Thunder Rolls
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 10:45:22 am »
This law has been in place for a while. I just now found out about it. I think most fines are imposed by exterminator suing a bee keeper. As I said in an earlier post, the key word in all this is "occupied". If you require the occupants to leave, no danger to them. Although I do not know what a judge will do most of them act according to what is mandated and in this Administrative Code there is no mandate for punishment to bee keepers in doing this work. What I said about the judge was my own opinion, of course.

Craig
Have a great Day and Thanks!

anything