Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: no space  (Read 4920 times)

Offline doak

• Super Bee
no space
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:58:31 pm »
I cannot start hunting yet. Have nowhere to put the meat.
Have got to buy another freezer. Don't want to try to smoke or can the meat.
 Could make it all into jerky :roll: :) ;)doak

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: no space
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:03:35 pm »
Well, I am in the no where to go and an empty freezer boat.   Leases just cost too much now.   I might could find some between now and the end of January.   I just hate hunting public land.  Like hunting in a pumpkin patch and I don't need to get shot. 

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 11:10:29 pm »
I live right in the middle of a WMA. I am use to it but I be careful where I go. I can hunt during the hunts and still stay within a couple hundred yds  my house. :)doak

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 11:16:52 pm »
You are lucky.   Is the wma open all season or just a few weekends during the year.   Up here they just hunt them 2 or 3 times during gun season with lots of rules.  I am 10 minutes from Paulding Forest.  But look at the hunter ratios in GON for that place.  Covered up.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:58 pm »
All Month for bow season. 3 or 4 days to as many as 8 or 10 days at the time for gun season.
About 4 or 5 hunts all together. One or Two of the hunts don't have quiet so many sometime. :)doak

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 11:40:55 am »
I have 116 acres hunting land next to hundreds more. No one else hunts there unless I give permission. I have many hunting friends that give me venison. So far this year, I have gotten 5 deer. Just bought my 3rd freezer. Also can a lot of the meat.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 01:39:45 pm »
We stopped hunting because of too many close calls with others.  We even had a 400 acre farm to ourselves, but people trespassed there too and nearly shot us shooting at brown tufts of grass in the field.  Nope, it's just too dangerous with all the crazies out there.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm by lenape13 »