Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New queen Every Year = less swarm?  (Read 27802 times)

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: New queen Every Year = less swarm?
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 08:16:13 pm »
Hey on BeeSource.com Charles Simon writes about botomless hives it is worth the read
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 11:20:57 pm »
OK, bottomless hives, investigation time.  Beesource.com.  Awesome day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 02:51:30 am »
Hey on BeeSource.com Charles Simon writes about botomless hives it is worth the read
kirk-o

Thank you. I keep bottoms in my hives.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 07:35:27 am »
Keep in mind that Charles is in California.  Finsky is in Finland.  I'll keep bottoms on mine too.  :)  I don't think Charles has ever seen -40 F with 60 mph winds.  I have had bees in that weather on at least two occasions and -20 F with 60 mph gusts on many more.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline livetrappingbymatt

• New Bee
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 04:57:40 pm »
mici,like your reply about lazy man.
bob

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2007, 09:49:10 pm »
mici,like your reply about lazy man.
bob

It depends on what level you are talking  :-D

If you look closer at history, inventors have had really hardworking. They are clever but not lazy!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 12:46:34 am »
Finsky, I should forward the Finnish folk song to my sister-in-law law.  I have told you that she is Finnish.  You said that there may be bad language, but that is OK, I love that stuff.  She will decipher the words, word for word for me.  She has a tendancy to swear alot and I can bet she will give me all the words to the song (LOL) and we will laugh together.  Best of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 01:21:49 am »

People are dansing polka and old mom cannot sleep in another room.
She probably regrets on noice and the answer is in one verse

Direct translations from old finnish song's verse:

To mom I say that shut up your mouth
I will not quarantee you heltness
You will allrigth if you gather you bones
and go to your room and take a sleep

Tenderness shall not bother this boy
when I dance with girls back and fro

Salivilivivilivei

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 05:43:10 pm »
this song sounded soooooooooooooo familiar to me. and i had a real hard time crackin this case, that's when it hit me! you know those mobile melodies and stuff they enforce...well, there was this "holly-dooly" and she was singing this jibber jabber:) only now i see, it's a finnish song. just type, holly dolly in the youtube.
other than that, i don't pay much attention to those mobile melodies and animations! hate the darn commercials!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2007, 12:09:28 am »
Finsky!!  right on!!!  Best of days.  Cindi

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2007, 08:34:58 pm »
Someone please tell me how this post when from queens and swarms to folk music and spiders?

Do people on here really lack that much focus?

I don't know, maybe someday you'll search the forums and try to find some information on here yourselves and have to read through 6 pages of unnecessary and off topic fluff and then maybe you'll understand why it's important to start a new thread when you have new topics of thought.

-Jeff
There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2007, 11:18:02 pm »
Jeff, come on.  It happens, don't get all cranky about it.  I agree with what you are saying, but you have to understand, we are only people and sometimes get caught up a little bit in extra conversation, it just happens, ____ happens, you know that.

Anyways, it is a good reminder to try and keep things a little bit cleaner with regard to posts getting too off topic, this has been brought up a few times on the forum.  But remember, it is hard to do.

Oops, this is in the wrong forum, maybe it will get moved to the Chat Room.  Anyways, Jeff, it is OK, things will be all right.  Best of the best of the days. Cindi

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2022, 12:47:36 am »
I found some really good information here; (good stuff) 😊. Therefore I?m bumping this old thread in hope that some of you might benefit from this timeless discussion.

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2023, 06:34:20 pm »
I found some really good information here; (good stuff) 😊. Therefore I'm bumping this old thread in hope that some of you might benefit from this timeless discussion.

Phillip

For we in the Norther Hemisphere, Spring is coming soon and our new bee season will soon be underway!!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.