Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Crystalization ?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline beehappy1950

• House Bee
Crystalization ?
« on: January 16, 2010, 06:19:07 pm »
I have some honey and it is starting to get cloudy from crystalation. Probably didnt spell that right. Ha. Been a long time since I went to school. How hot do I need to heat it to get it back again. I have it in a refrigerator with a light. So far about a hundred degrees in there. Will this work? harold

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
Re: Crystalization ?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:47:32 pm »
Harold,

It depends on how much & what kind of containers it's in.  If in glass jars you could place them (closed) in a warm water bath. Like a canning pot filled with hot tap water.  The water need not cover the jars.  Let sit over night.  This may also work for plastic jars (i don't use so I'm guessing).
But if you have 5 gallon buckets maybe a bath tub?

Many people love the crystallized honey.  Are you sure you need to change it back?
Make Mead!

Offline beehappy1950

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:47 pm »
Seems we have a lot of people that dont know that it tastes better. I think they have been eating processed honey too long. Thanks Harold

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 05:41:27 am »
I'd put it somewhere that it stays cool and try to get it to crystallize quickly.  That way it[s nice and smooth...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline RayMarler

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:50:01 am »
Yes Harold, that should work. I've done it that way myself, in a fridge or freezer with a light bulb. Just be watchful the temp does not raise up to high, 100F sounds good.