Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Seen the new Spyder?  (Read 13127 times)

Offline harvey

• House Bee
Re: Seen the new Spyder?
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 12:14:17 pm »
Just thought I would jump in here a little,  Been riding since I was sixteen,  each bike was bigger and heavier,  The last two bikes have been full dressers.  I have ridden in 48 states and three countries!  My  current bike is registered with the state as an emergency vehicle and I actually do respond on it.  Led over a thousand bikes into ground zero two years ago and will again hopefully in 2011.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 02:12:00 pm »
Harvey, is that twin cam the 96ci model? Sweet ride! I'm still riding the old Harleys. Got a '58 FL pan and a first year (early '85) evo 4 speed. I rode my Bro's heritage through the Arizona desert a while back....man that 6 speed tranny make all the difference!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline harvey

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 10:36:19 pm »
Yup six speed,  I was told that you don't use sixth gear until you hit seventy but once at 55 or 60 you can put it in sixth and just idle around,  won't accelerate much in sixth until you are over 75.  Nice bike for an all day run.  I have rode it from Brooklyn New York back to Michigan non-stop cept for gas and never got tired or sore from the ride.   I don't think I could enjoy the ride so much on three wheels,  I like the ability to lean it over. 

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 11:05:57 pm »
We'll have to get together and ride sometime! Ever make it down this way for Bike Week or Biketoberfest? I've got a line on a 50th anniversary FLH ('53 pan head) in Wisc. that I've been trying to get for a couple of years now...hoping to seal the deal soon. From what I'm told it was paraded in Milwaukee for the 50th anniversary parade! It's got a killer chrome package from the factory and an unusual paint scheme...google it, it's really cool.

Scott 
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline harvey

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 11:28:11 pm »
I have not been down there for either bike week or octoberfest but my uncle is at both each year.  He lives some place near Ocala I think it is.