Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Crossville Tennessee  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Southern Drone

• New Bee
Crossville Tennessee
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:20:57 pm »
It's pretty late into the year to decide to become a hobbyist Beekeeper. I talked with a couple of keepers in my area that are very instructional and tell me I should hold off until spring to purchase Bees. I bought three Deep Hive bodies two for brood and the third for a honey super, one five frame Nuc, I also have an observation hive. I will be interested in queen rearing so I got an EZ-Queen system, nothing to do now but wait and get involved in learning all I can from good folks like you all, I will greatly need some help here. I would like to learn how to trap feral hives, what to use and how to's in all respects. I've subscribed to the ABJ but I haven't gotten a copy yet so I use the Internet extensively to find out information. I'm looking forward to having fun on this forum.  :)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Crossville Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:05:46 pm »
Welcome to the forums. I,m sure any questions you may have someone will be more than glad to answer.
This has been my first year beekeeping and I have learned a lot here.Be sure to check out the ventrilo voice chat. Many of us have formed frindships through this forum and all have a good time.You may want to include your general location in your profile so any advice may be more tailored to your area! Once again welcome aboard.

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 05:46:55 am »
Welcome aboard!  You may also find many good answers to the things you wonder about in the previous posts.  The best way to locate them is to use the search functionality on this forum.  I'm one for sure that have learned a lot from this forum!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 09:47:00 am »
Southern Drone:

It is never too late or early to learn about beekeeping, it is when you start employing the hives into action that can be a decisive moment. Your voyage here to the forums is a very fortunate one - we have beekeepers of all levels of knowledge and practiced skills - literally thousands of combined years of experience to learn from.

If it is attempt-able, someone has tried it - and most likely shared the good, the bad and the ugly of the results here. As Eivindm mentioned, the search feature is a great tool, allowing you access to 35,000 posts and replies as we near our forth year as a forum. Also, use the HELP button next to the home button to learn the finer points of this very powerful software - or simple ask anyone how you do stuff. There are good walk-thru articles in the Admin Forum to show how to post photos directly from your computer to the forum in a nearly seamless method.

Have a great time, be prepared, Spring will come early. Before you know it you will be ordering bees - and as far as feral bees, sometime THEY will find you - I have had four hives in three years moved into by feral bees, only one decided to rob me blind and move one - lol. So ferals are out there, catching them is a good post to start - best wishes.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 12:12:28 am »
Hey drone,

Just going to let you know im just one county over in Roane

Welcome

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:47:25 am »
Welcome to the Forum and good luck
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

anything