Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Posting my own profile pic  (Read 6596 times)

Offline Billybee

• House Bee
    • My myspace page for beekeeping
Posting my own profile pic
« on: May 16, 2013, 07:47:58 am »
Every time I try to post my own pic with a url it does not allow it. I have tried it from my FB page and myspace.

Where am I going wrong?
Can somebody tell me where I can find a foundation tree?

Moots

Re: Posting my own profile pic
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:19:00 am »
Billy,
A little more detail would be helpful....where "exactly" are you trying to post the picture to?   You say a profile pic, you trying to change your current profile pic here on the forum, or someplace else, or just trying to post a picture here in a thread?
Also, where is the picture actually being stored and what URL are you using?

Offline Billybee

• House Bee
    • My myspace page for beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 11:03:37 am »
trying to change the pic on my forum profile here @ beemaster to something bee related that I like.

putting the url in the box where it says to do so and it always says this on firefox   "Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

and I E says this
" Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format
 HTTP 406 
   What you can try:
     Go back to the previous page. "

sad to have to go to a forum and waste everyones time trying to do a task that should never be an issue

Can somebody tell me where I can find a foundation tree?

Moots

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:36:43 am »
Billy,
no problem, I do IT work for a living, 95% of my day is dealing with task, that "shouldn't be an issue".  :laugh:

Where are you hosting your image, and if you take the URL and just try to point to it in a browser, does it pull up successfully?  If so, maybe it's a size issue or something giving you problems on the forum.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:14:16 pm »
Are you trying to change your avatar or post a picture ??? Your avatar only is and eagle.  

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 06:06:54 pm »
Try posting the pic to imageshack and adding the link to your profile.Crossposting from facebook won't work unless the forum could somehow log into facebook, whichit cant. Or you can forward the photo to
photos@beemaster.com
and one of us will post it for you and attach it to your profile.

Offline o.molchanov

• New Bee
    • Apiary Manager
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 02:08:15 pm »
Find out any picture hosting and upload the desired picture there. The pick up the 'full' URL to it and paste it to the forum. Be sure that link does not use Secure Transfer protocol.

BTW, I also had a problem pasting the logo from FB.